Internet Explorer 7.0

Joseph_Abou_NaderJoseph_Abou_Nader Member Posts: 150
edited 2006-11-20 in General Chat
I just want to say...that I have recently upgraded to internet explorer 7.0.

The tabs feature is fantastic...and the way it deals with non secured certificates provides more and more security.

Are there any advanced features that I am not aware of..?

I haven't got any errors till now =D> , has anyone experienced any kind of bugs...failures or send error pop screens...which were common in 6.0.

Take care
Joseph Abou Nader
MCLC,MCT,MCITP,MCTS,MCSA,MCP
You will never know what power you have until you take decisions in a hard time.

Comments

• Captain_DX4Captain_DX4 Member Posts: 230
    It seems to have been very well tested before release this time. I'm not finding it nearly as buggy as v6.0 when it first came out.
    Kristopher Webb
    Microsoft Dynamics NAV Developer
  • Miklos_HollenderMiklos_Hollender Member Posts: 1,598
    Yes. Slow as hell, compared to Firefox. Seems to get confused when you quickly change the URL 2-3 times before the page would get loaded. I see no point in using it instead of Firefox, except when in conjuction with other MS products (CRM, Outlook Web Access), where it has advantages (CRM doesn't work at all with Firefox and OWA only in reduced mode).
  • Alex_ChowAlex_Chow Member Posts: 5,063
    Yeah, no problems with 7.0 for me. But like Miklos said, performance is an issue. But that's nothing a new hardware can't fix. :mrgreen:
  • Timo_LässerTimo_Lässer Member Posts: 481
    It seems that the performance issues are due to connection problems with the "phishing filter server".
    If you disable the automatic website check IE7 will run very fast.
    Timo Lässer
    Microsoft Dynamics NAV Developer since 1997
    MSDynamics.de - German Microsoft Dynamics Community - member of [clip]
  • Joseph_Abou_NaderJoseph_Abou_Nader Member Posts: 150
    deadlizard wrote:
    Yeah, no problems with 7.0 for me. But like Miklos said, performance is an issue. But that's nothing a new hardware can't fix. :mrgreen:

Through experience, we now know that when Microsoft launches a new version of a certain application, hardware upgrades should be considered... I still don't know which comes first...? Software or Hardware...

Should we upgrade our hardware to meet the software requirements? or Software updates should be released to meet the new hardware requirements.?

Confusing eh>>>>
    Joseph Abou Nader
    MCLC,MCT,MCITP,MCTS,MCSA,MCP
    You will never know what power you have until you take decisions in a hard time.