Options

Mibuso on Convergence

Marije_BrummelMarije_Brummel Member, Moderators Design Patterns Posts: 4,262
edited 2006-11-12 in General Chat
There are so many things to tell about convergence.

It was realy great having so many communtiy folks there.

What definately was one of the best moments was the screenshot of Mibuso on the 2nd Keynote, when they talked about the communities.

What they showed was a built-in community box on the 5.1 homepage enabling users to collaborate more via newsgroups.

As an example they had posted a question and Luc Van Duyk was the one who answered and has his picture on a very very big screen. =D>

They promoted the MVP program and explained that collaborating with the communities will be something that will happen much more in the future.

Later that day we had a change to have a small chat with Doug Bougum and it was great that someone that high up in the management of Dynamics knows we are here helping them.

Comments

• Options
    Luc_VanDyckLuc_VanDyck Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 3,633
    One of the screenshots they showed us during the keynote can be viewed at http://www.microsoftdynamicslive.com.
    No support using PM or e-mail - Please use this forum. BC TechDays 2024: 13 & 14 June 2024, Antwerp (Belgium)
  • Options
    WaldoWaldo Member Posts: 3,412
    Oh my god, you found it! \:D/ (or did they send it to you?)

The reply of Doug was "hey luc, I saw you today on our presentation!". That's something to be proud of :wink:

If you don't know Doug Burgum:
    https://www.microsoft.com/presspass/exec/burgum/default.mspx

Eric Wauters
    MVP - Microsoft Dynamics NAV
    My blog
  • Options
    Luc_VanDyckLuc_VanDyck Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 3,633
    Waldo wrote:
    Oh my god, you found it! \:D/ (or did they send it to you?)
    Actually, someone from my company found it on Tuesday already and immediately mailed it to me.
    Waldo wrote:
    The reply of Doug was "hey luc, I saw you today on our presentation!". That's something to be proud of :wink:
    I don't think he remembers me if we would meet again :-k
    No support using PM or e-mail - Please use this forum. BC TechDays 2024: 13 & 14 June 2024, Antwerp (Belgium)
  • Options
    David_SingletonDavid_Singleton Member Posts: 5,479
    The really great thing was that Community, Forums and MVPs are starting to be known out side of the technical community. Mircosoft really do see the value to them that end users have access to community forums, and can get free help, AND most importanly trust the advise they get.

I think we can all expect that the number of memebrs and posts on all the forums will dramaticaly increase over the next few months following convergence.

Great job Luc, it can never be a bad thing to have your name known up there =D>
    David Singleton
  • Options
    I think we can all expect that the number of memebrs and posts on all the forums will dramaticaly increase over the next few months following convergence.

Hi David. Didn't have the chance to say good bye :wink:

I hope the number of comunity members will grow, but also that the MS people use the different comunity places/sites to gain feedback ... .

Eric Wauters
    My blog
  • Options
    Waldo wrote:

Hi David. Didn't have the chance to say good bye :wink:

I hope the number of comunity members will grow, but also that the MS people use the different comunity places/sites to gain feedback ... .

Yes I thought it was finishing at 6:30, but around 5:00 they came along, and just started to take everything away (seats desks the lot), and everyone then left quite quickly.

Anyway it was great to meet you there, and everyone else. I think its the most mibuso/dynamicsusers members that I have met in one location.

We are going to see a lot of changes in the Dynamics communities in the near future. It was very exciting to see Bill Gates say that Communites are a high priority for Microsoft Dynamics.
    David Singleton
  • Options
    I don't think he remembers me if we would meet again :-k

Don't be that negative, Luc. Next time, Bill will come and shake your hand ... [-o<

Eric Wauters
    My blog
  • Options
    DenSterDenSter Member Posts: 8,304
    The really great thing was that Community, Forums and MVPs are starting to be known out side of the technical community.
    This has been the case for decades, in fact MS has always pushed the communities hard. It's the NAV people at MS that are finally catching up, and the buzz is very exciting.

I wish I could have been there with you all.
  • Options
    SavatageSavatage Member Posts: 7,142
    or Here
    http://www.microsoft.com/dynamics/nav/u ... fault.mspx

scroll down to "White papers and developer tips"

The Developer tips are Luc's

Note: when you go to Microsoft & Nav
    when it talks about communities it doesn list
    mibuso or dynamicsusers :(
    Yet they use them in their presentations as I have gathered from reading some of these posts.

http://www.microsoft.com/dynamics/nav/community.mspx

Scroll down to bottom

Featured Communities
    • Mazzy Forum
    • MBS-Support.info
    • Tips dBits
  • Options
    Savatage wrote:
    o...
    mibuso or dynamicsusers :(

I was discussing this with the German MVP lead. On the German site, the Community Sites and the two MVPs shown are random on each opening of the page. Where as on the internrational site, its fixed the same every time. It seems it was a bug that no one has reported.

The german site by the way is way better than the English language one.
    David Singleton
  • Options
    Can you provide an URL?
    Savatage wrote:
    mibuso or dynamicsusers
    Yet they use them in their presentations as I have gathered from reading some of these posts.
    Can't you use your MVP-powers to do something about this fast?

Use the force, MVP!

:?

Eric Wauters
    My blog
  • Options
    Timo_LässerTimo_Lässer Member Posts: 481
    Waldo wrote:
    Can you provide an URL?
    [...]
    http://www.microsoft.com/germany/community/default.mspx
    http://www.microsoft.com/germany/commun ... fault.mspx
    Savatage wrote:
    mibuso or dynamicsusers
    [...]
    mibuso.com is not just a NAV community, it covers all Dynamics Products, so it is not listet in the NAV category.
    You find the "All Dynamics" Communities on http://www.microsoft.com/dynamics/commu ... nding.mspx
    Timo Lässer
    Microsoft Dynamics NAV Developer since 1997
    MSDynamics.de - German Microsoft Dynamics Community - member of [clip]
  • Options
    As far as I know there isn't even a Belgian (or Belux, or Benelux) version of it ... :evil:

Eric Wauters
    My blog