Options

converting BMP into JPEG picture format?

Andreas_LundinAndreas_Lundin Member Posts: 91
edited 2000-05-25 in Navision Financials
Hi all you coders

I have found a small utility that converts BMP files into JPEG files and vica versa. The utility is supposed to be included in the distribution of an old product called Aldus Photostyler.

So I have my concerns on using this utility due to copyright issues. So I'm planning on making an OCX with a similar function, and distribute it as freeware. Does anyone have some code snippets or ideas, in order for me to make such an OCX(C++).

I have downloaded some freeware C/C++ graphic libraries to use. I know that the Borland/Inprise pascal compiler can make a solution like this. But unfortunately I don't have access to this compiler. So I'm planning on using a C/C++ compiler instead.

Any suggestions or solutions are welcome.

Regards
Andreas L.

Comments

• Options
    John_TegelaarJohn_Tegelaar Member Posts: 159
    Andreas,

Take a look at the Intel website. There's a free library available for JP(E)G manipulations, including C examples for loading and saving. Don't have the url nearby, but it should be easy to find.

John
  • Options
    Andreas_LundinAndreas_Lundin Member Posts: 91
    Hi again

Thank you, John. It seems to be something I really could use. So I'll take a look at it.

Regards
    Andreas
  • Options
    mayermayer Member Posts: 50
    Look at www.basicworld.com. There you can order an old issue of the basicpro for VB Users. In the issue from 97 ( don´t know the mounth) there is a free Version of Leadtools 7.0 OCX. (not only for VB; for C too)

With leadtools you can everything solve which you can do with nearly every graphic-programm.

R. Mayer

[This message has been edited by mayer (edited 25-05-2000).]