Options

Navision services stopped

Bob_WilkinsonBob_Wilkinson Member Posts: 2
edited 2003-04-07 in Navision Financials
Has anyone had a problem where the navision services would just stop.

This has happened just once sence we upgraded to 3.6. If fact the server 2000 had to be restart in order to strat the Navision services.

I am running Attain 3.6 on a 2.4 ghz machine with 4 gig of memory. It is the only application on the box and the database is 16 gig in size and there are 128 users running Naviaion through Citrix.

Comments

• Options
    Francis_MalengierFrancis_Malengier Member Posts: 28
    Hi,

I don't know if it is exactly the same situation, but we had it during startup of a project.
    Finaly, we discovered that it was an ODBC Connection that was causing the problem. The user was developping a link from an external programusing ODBC. While he was developping, he caused several ODBC errors (during testing). Now his application is finished and runs without errors, and the problems are solved. The symptoms were that for the users who were still connected, the connection was very slow. New users could nog login any more. The server computer was also 'blocked', it didn't react any more, or very very slowly. The only solution was rebooting the server.
  • Options
    khanprg11khanprg11 Member Posts: 3
    When we Install any new Software , after Installation Or on during installation computer ask often "re-start computer now"
    But you can by pass this situation and you can continue your work without "re-starting" the machine.
    Its is possible that this situation would arise during 3.6 Installation. If you by pass "re-start computer" during installation Process.

You are saying "happened just once sence we upgraded to 3.6".
    What i am expalining this scenario will also always occur only once. So when you will "re-start computer" (SERVER 2000) , then all reqistry setting will be upgraded, and because of all registry setting upgraded so you will Know never get this error again.