Navision 4- PDF mail with Outlook in Citrix enviroment

dndn Member Posts: 71
Hi
We had an consulting who had delivered a solution for sending "Order Confirmation" in PDF, he used Amyuni drivers to convert report to PDF-format. We use Outlook 2003 for sending mails in company. Our company is running Navision 4 Sp2 with Citrix
The problem is that the sending Order Confirm doesn't work well.
It's can make a pdf-file but when it going to send mail with Outlook then it's very unstable. Sometime it works very to sending pdf-mail, sometime it doesn't happens anything when I click button "Email PDF".
I can see a window popup and convert Order Confirm to Pdf with Amyuni drivers when then it's not happen anything more. I can't see that Outlook is running to send pdf-file.
The consultant claims that it must be something with Citrix and not Navision. And he can't Citrix any well :^o, he just used Navision codeunit "mail" for sending mail ...so I Wonder if someone out there who have experienced something like this?

And how did you go further? :-k

Comments

• krikikriki Member, Moderator Posts: 9,110
    I let Amyuni create a pdf-file and then Navision takes the file and sent it using SMTP (http://www.mibuso.com/dlinfo.asp?FileID=366)
    Regards,Alain Krikilion
    No PM,please use the forum. || May the <SOLVED>-attribute be in your title!

• WaldoWaldo Member Posts: 3,412
    Same here.

Amyuni works best for us.

Eric Wauters
    MVP - Microsoft Dynamics NAV
    My blog
  • stjernestjerne Member Posts: 7
    Try a search for the above mentioned subject here in mibuso.

I think u may have somewhat the same problem. Only you dont get the error message:?:
  • kennichangkennichang Member Posts: 2
    :oops: It can be for my reference who has the example ??
  • dndn Member Posts: 71
    Still a problem with Outlook and Citrix...can't get smtp-solution to work :(
  • Morten_SolbergMorten_Solberg Member Posts: 24
    have you set allow relay on the exchange server ?

link: http://www.microsoft.com/technet/securi ... relay.mspx
  • rohitsolvesrohitsolves Member Posts: 5
    Hi,

I have made applicatin which enables sending multiple reports in pdf format via fax or email. It is working very fine through remote computers.
  • Dmytro_Sitnik_[MSFT]Dmytro_Sitnik_[MSFT] Member, Microsoft Employee Posts: 4
    It looks like the problem is in the Microsoft.Navision.Mail.dll component.
    I would suggest trying fixed Microsoft.Navision.Mail.dll. It is releases with KB940486.
    SOFTWARE DEVELOPMENT ENGINEER

NAV Sustained Eng

“This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.”
  • amcmwuamcmwu Member Posts: 34
    Hello

we have a problem that seems to be similar to yours. We have Navision 3.7 also on Citrix and on PC's. We create lists with Navision and PDFMaschine. And then they should be sent by mail to the customer. Sometimes we see in Outlook the mail is send sometimes not. And it is on Citrix and on PC's. :-s
    And we didnot get any errormessage or so.