Exclude Items from the Menu bar

BeatriceBeatrice Member Posts: 346
edited 2006-11-25 in Navision Financials
Hi Everyone,

Can anyone please help me on how to remove menu items from the menu bar.

For example, I want to exclude users from getting access to the File, Database, Delete function or File, Company, Delete function.

Thanks and Regards,
Beatrice.

Comments

• krikikriki Member, Moderator Posts: 9,110
    Those menu-items you have to manage through permissions in the roles assigned to a user.
    The permissions are divided in different types (TableData,Data,Form,Report,Dataport,Codeunit,System,Menusuite,XMLPort). Check out all the different possibilities of System. Each of those manages a menu-item.
    Regards,Alain Krikilion
    No PM,please use the forum. || May the <SOLVED>-attribute be in your title!

• BeatriceBeatrice Member Posts: 346
    I have gone to an existing role and tried to modify the permission for this role but I cannot make any modification.

Can you please help me?

Thanks and Regards,
    Beatrice.
  • 2tje2tje Member Posts: 80
    You need rights yourself to change the rights of someone else.
    The easiest way is to login with a user that has SUPER rights. Than you can change the Role Permissions
  • BeatriceBeatrice Member Posts: 346
    Hi!

Thanks for your reply.

For the existing standard roles in Navision, on which role can I modify these permissions?

I have tried to modify the permissions but it cannot be done, though I am setup as a super user.

Beatrice.
  • panjampanjam Member Posts: 5
    Hi,

I suggest a different approach.

Let the Items be seen in the Menu but remove the Permission for the User to view the Items. So basically he cannot enter into the Menu Items.

Exclude the User from giving the permission to the Respective Tables & forms.

I guess you are a Super User. If you are not a super User, please contact your Admin or your Navision Support Partner.
    Learning comes from Experience & Experience comes from Learning.