CLose income statement

AJSAJS Member Posts: 12
Dear all,

I have a query regarding close income statement.

The process is running for approx. last three days. Is this normal or we can do something about it.

The details are as follows :

No of records in G/L Entry -4486906

Database size in KB -32703872(75% is used)

Transaction log size is 11508 MB(7898 MB free)

No. of dimensions : 10

System Configuration :

One Xeon Processor 2.99 Ghz

2 GB of RAM

Any suggestions would be very helpful.

Thanks in anticipation.

AJS.

Comments

• ssinglassingla Member Posts: 2,973
    Dear AJS,

Are u selecting all the dimension in the batch job. If yes then try deselecting those dimension which are not relevant for the purpose of closing. Also does all 48 lacs transaction pertain to the relevant financial year.
    Try increasing the database size and start the process when no other user is logged in (if possible).
    CA Sandeep Singla
    http://ssdynamics.co.in
  • shepshep Member Posts: 5
    AJS

Just wondering if you were able to solve this issue. I have the same problem with a client who has 7 dimensions and the report runs for 4 days and does not complete.

Regards

Shep
    The report does not take that long time. In any case try deselecting the dimensions which are not required or a test database do not select any dimension and see the result.

I hope no modification is done in this report. :mrgreen:
    CA Sandeep Singla
    Hi

Okay it didn't run for 4 days but it did run for 3 days - but I take it that the report did finish?

I found the same last year, i.e. the report could be completed over a long weekend 4 days. However this year with more data the report has not completed even after 4 days.

To answer your question - yes the report is unmodified.

So to summaries you didn't tune the report you just let it run for 3 days and were luck enough to have it finish?

Regards
    If I don't post with the dimensions then the Analysis by dimension area will not work.
    Check for keys. I remember in my first implementation the techie modified the standard key and the report was lightning quick. Being functional cannt recommend which key to use. I hope somebody in the forum may guide.
    CA Sandeep Singla
    Okay thanks.

I had a word with MS on this and because it is 370 they will not invest any time in it. They did say that there was work done on the 4.02 report and in testing on a standard batch with 9 dimensions it brought the running time down from 9 days to 40 minutes (??) But then there was some kind of catch if you were using only global dimensions - but I didn't follow what he was saying. I just heard we can't help but you could try and back engineer the 4.02 report.

I added an account number filter to the standard report so maybe we can take smaller bites off this over a few weeks. But I think the client wants me to try to incorporate the 4.02 additions.
  • WLWL Member Posts: 12
    Dear All,

Can someone advice what modifications has been done to the keys to improve the speed?
    FYI. I am on V4.0SP3 and has about 24500000 records in the G/L Entry and has 8 dimensions which are needed for the analysis view.