Options

US Sales Tax

IanburIanbur Member Posts: 6
edited 2003-04-07 in Navision Attain
We have a customer who trades on a worldwide basis and wants to maintain a standard solution.

Does anyone know if it's possible to implement the W1 version with the Sales Tax granule and for it to provide adequate US sales tax functionality ?

Comments

• Options
    borsicsjborsicsj Member Posts: 32
    Hi!

As every county localised the W1 version I think it could be difficult. Especially here in Hungary taxing is quite different from US. You must take into consideration the localised versions when making a decision about Sales Tax, US sales tax. I think the best way is to get in touch with NSC's in the countries you'd like to implement and try to get a localised version.
    Implementing a pure W1 version could be disadvantegous for the customer's subsidiaries.

Brg,
    János Borsics
    Ianbur wrote:
    We have a customer who trades on a worldwide basis and wants to maintain a standard solution.

Does anyone know if it's possible to implement the W1 version with the Sales Tax granule and for it to provide adequate US sales tax functionality ?
    Brg,

--
    János Borsics
  • Options
    DenSterDenSter Member Posts: 8,304
    I haven't checked this in detail in the newer versions, but my knowledge about this is from 2.6...

Unfortunately, Navision US just took the VAT fields and renamed them TAX, so it will be pretty difficult to implement both simultaneously. But, it can be done if you put all the tax postings in CASE statements and merge the functionality inside them. The good part is that they did seem to create their own tax posting codeunits, so you can call those easily.

I know it can be done, because we have integrated standard statutory VAT functionality from Holland, France, UK, and even Italy into one database, and that has been running successfully for almost two years now. You might have to get a little more sophisticated with captioning the fields for the US vs. European countries (you know, so that it is called VAT or TAX).

Of course, Navision may very well have made improvements since then and put the US sales tax into their own fields.

HTH