Type of Authentification Used[Reopen]

ovicashovicash Member Posts: 141
Hello to all,

I want to know if a logged user is using Windows Authentification or Database in a domain.
The USERID function returns the name of the user but not the entire "Domain Name\User" name.

The problem is that if I have 2 users, "DomainName\user1" and database user "user1", the USERID returns the same value.

Is there a way (a function maybe) to know what kind of authentification is used?

thank you
ovidiu

Best Regards

Comments

• garakgarak Member Posts: 3,263
    Take a look into session table. Here you can see if the user is logon with winlogin or with database login

Regard
    Do you make it right, it works too!
  • ovicashovicash Member Posts: 141
    garak wrote:
    Take a look into session table. Here you can see if the user is logon with winlogin or with database login

Regard

Of course, you are right, some filters there and everyting is fine

thank you
    ovidiu

Best Regards
  • garakgarak Member Posts: 3,263
    please.
    Do you make it right, it works too!
  • ovicashovicash Member Posts: 141
    Okey, almost everything okey.

One strange thing happens. When I try to open a database using database authentification and named pipes in Session table the "loghin type" is shown as "windows" and user name the databse user name :?: :?:

If I open the database using databse authentification and TCP/IP Sockets the Session table looks exactly as it should, login type is "database"

I'm using NAV Sp1, the database user has super as role in navision and system administrator on sql.

Any ideea why is this hapenning?

thank you
    ovidiu

Best Regards
  • aavioaavio Member Posts: 143
    Hello frnds,
    I had logged in with 3 user id same database, same time, different login type, yet in session table, i cant find the logged in users why?? :cry: how can this happen.. :-k

Thanks
    aav!o
  • ravnenravnen Member Posts: 12
    Hi,

What client are you using? And SQL2005,SQL2000 or Native?

If it's a SQL2005 this my help you
    http://blogs.msdn.com/microsoft_dynamic ... -2005.aspx

Best Regards
    René Ravn
    Navipartner
  • aavioaavio Member Posts: 143
    Thanks Ravnen for your reply,

I am using sql 2005 express server, its for testing purpose. i had follwed as in your link....but its not working ..i am getting error from codeunit 150011 - Session Monitor Mgt. (SQL Srv) as "table data 150014 does not exist". i think within that codeunit there is local variable, 'session' its subtype is wrong....currently its Session (SQL)...i think it should be Session table. i had corrected but still i am not able to compile, getting same error. :?: can you please check :-k
    aav!o