Enter Outstanding Cheques using dataports

BeatriceBeatrice Member Posts: 346
edited 2006-10-26 in Navision Financials
Hi!

I have created a dataport for importing the outstanding cheques in the payment journal.

My question is whether I should specify the Company Code as well for my journal lines.

What is the importance of specifying the Company Code?

Thanks & Regards,

Beatrice.

Answers

• ara3nara3n Member Posts: 9,256
    Company code isn't a standard field, unless it's a dimention.
    Ahmed Rashed Amini
    Independent Consultant/Developer

blog: https://dynamicsuser.net/nav/b/ara3n
  • BeatriceBeatrice Member Posts: 346
    Hi!

Sorry, I forgot to specify that Company Code is indeed a dimension, it is the Shortcut Dimension 1 Code.

What is the implication if I do not specify the dimension Company Code?

Thanks and Regards,
    Beatrice.
    Well it depends on how you are using Company dimension. If you have setup to be required at the GL account no, then you wouldn't be able to post your payment.
    Ahmed Rashed Amini

There is no specific setup which requires you to enter dimension, but I was thinking whether this would be an issue when performing analysis and reporting.

Do you think it is necessary to specify the Company Code?

The reason why I am asking this is that I created a dataport for importing opening balances, and I was requested to specify the Company Code before posting the journal.

Is it the same for Outstanding Cheques in the Payment Journal?

Thanks and Regards,
    Beatrice.
    There is a setup, that's why you can't post the payment lines. Yes you need the company dimension. I'm just curious how you are using the company dimensin.
    Ahmed Rashed Amini

Hello,

Still bothering about my question...!

Like I said previously there is no setup at all which requires you to enter the Company Code dimension on the current system.

The dataport which I mentioned regarding GL Opening Balances was one which I downloaded from a forum, in which the Company Code was specified.

What I wish to know is whether it is advisable to specify the Company Code before posting the outstanding cheques?

Thnx & Rgds,
    Beatrice.
  • David_SingletonDavid_Singleton Member Posts: 5,479
    Hi Beatrice,

in your database, Company COde is short cut 1. What has probably happened, is the Dataport that you down loaded used Shiort Cut 1 for something else, probably Department, since many users set Shortcut 1 likeit was in the older versions of Navision. When you imported the Dataport Object, Navision looked at shortcut 1, and "renamed" it to match the setup for your company, so now it says Company Code.

In your case, if Company Code is not mandatory, then you probably don't need to fill it in, BUT before deciding this, you should speak to the person in the company that is in chanrge of Financial Reporting, since it may be important to them.

From your point of view though its importatn to realise that this is not a "Navision Thing" nor a "Programming thing", its all about how the customer runs their comapny, and more importantly how the Comapny has to do its financial reporting.
    Beatrice wrote:
    Hello,

Still bothering about my question...!

Like I said previously there is no setup at all which requires you to enter the Company Code dimension on the current system.

The dataport which I mentioned regarding GL Opening Balances was one which I downloaded from a forum, in which the Company Code was specified.

What I wish to know is whether it is advisable to specify the Company Code before posting the outstanding cheques?

Thnx & Rgds,
    Beatrice.
    David Singleton