ACH Electronic payments

NaveenReddyNaveenReddy Member Posts: 53
HI Guys,

can anybody provide me imfornation on how to setup the ACH.

Thanks
Naveen

Comments

• Captain_DX4Captain_DX4 Member Posts: 230
    I've done electronic payments before, but I'm not sure to what you are referring to exactly. Do you need help modifying the code? You looking to know where to start? And what does "ACH" mean?
    Kristopher Webb
    Microsoft Dynamics NAV Developer
  • NaveenReddyNaveenReddy Member Posts: 53
    Hi
    Yes, i need some documention how to setup basically where to start and what do i need to make it work.
    First you need to contact the bank where you will be making the payments to get their documentation on what is required. You are basically restricted to the formats they dictate.

Once that is accomplished and you have received your binder, review the information and make sure you have all the correct setups on your account to allow you to dial-in to the bank system and upload a flat file, which contains all the payments you will make at any time.

I just looked at the NA database in v4.00b, and I see there is already a codeunit for communicating to ACH (must be a US thing), so there shouldn't be too much (if anything) to change on the Navision end.

Once you create a journal to make payments from, you run the "print cheque" function (just print to a file or onto blank paper is fine). From there, the functions for exporting payments will be available. "Export" creates your flat file in a predefined directory. "Void" should be self-explainatory. "Transmit" tells Navision that the file is transmitted (there is a setting on each payment line that gets updated), and is normally set to open the exported file in Notepad. After this step, it's up to you to open your bank software and upload the file.

Your solution centre should be able to give you documents that explain in more detail the process. If I've misunderstood what you were looking for, feel free to let me know.
    Kristopher Webb
  • sfreesesfreese Member Posts: 7
    What about receiving ACH Payments from customers?
    I'm not aware of a standard setup in NAV to allow you to import payments you receive at your banking institution. I've most recently been working on a project where various payments through the bank were used, and we had to custom create the entire process to bring into the NAV Cash Receipts journal (v5.0). I've not dug into v2009 to see if it may be included there.
    Kristopher Webb