Options

How does job scheduler work? [Nav 4.00SP2]

quakeicequakeice Member Posts: 20
Hi,
does anyone know how job scheduler works? I need to execute a report every evening after 8 pm. Do you know what can I do? I've tried to use job scheduler but i have not been able to do it! ](*,) Could anyone help me?
Thanks

Comments

• Options
    Marije_BrummelMarije_Brummel Member, Moderators Design Patterns Posts: 4,262
    What Navision version are you using? There was a version where you had to set the date last run field before running it the first time.
  • Options
    i'm using Nav 4.00 SP2. i've tried to use job sheduler but it doesn't work!
  • Options
    Marije_BrummelMarije_Brummel Member, Moderators Design Patterns Posts: 4,262
    Can you provide some more information on what you have tried and what (error) messages you get?
  • Options
    ok,
    I have gone in SETUP IT - JOB SCHEDULER - JOB SCHEDULER OVERVIEW and i inserted only one job. i've called it "PROVA" and then i filled in these information:
    GENERAL
    ID= PROVA
    DESCRIPTION= PROVA JOB SCHEDULER
    ENABLED = yes
    unit of measure = minute
    time between check = 10

OBJECT SETUP
    OBJECT TYPE = Report
    OBJECT NUMBER = 7319
    OBJECT NAME = warehouse bin list

SHEDULING DETAILS
    ERROR HANDLING = mark as error and retry
    Valid on..= all Yes
    STARTING TIME= 15.00.00
    ENDING TIME= 23.00.00

Then, when i have selected Nav said me that "job scheduler Mgt setup is not defined".

that's all. have i made a mistake in the setup?
  • Options
    PhennoPhenno Member Posts: 630
    quakeice wrote:

Then, when i have selected Nav said me that "job scheduler Mgt setup is not defined".

that's all. have i made a mistake in the setup?

Go to Administration => Application Setup => Job Scheduler => Management Setup

There, you'll find a setup that you have to set/create...
  • Options
    i found the problem! there is a bad translation from english to italian. what you call "management setup" in italian sounds as "Setup Biz talk Management" and i think that it's not the same thing!

Now i succed in using job scheduler but i have another question. When job scheduler works and runs a report, it ask me where i want to put the file but considering that when job sheduler might work in the enterprise there is noboby, how may i tell it that it have to overwrite the same file? (sorry for my bad english)

thx
  • Options
    WaldoWaldo Member Posts: 3,412
    You'll have to go in code and add/change something like:
    myfile.QUERYREPLACE(FALSE);

Eric Wauters
    MVP - Microsoft Dynamics NAV
    My blog