Options

Send SMS throught NAVISION

efassettaefassetta Member Posts: 53
Hello to everybody,

i need to send a SMS when an invoice is payed.

I know that maybe i need to sign a contract with a provider to buy a group of SMS message, but after this operation what i have to do in Navision?

I read a lot abput this in Forum, but i don't found a clear solution

Thank's in advance :D

Comments

• Options
    Marije_BrummelMarije_Brummel Member, Moderators Design Patterns Posts: 4,262
    Will the SMS be handled from a server or at the client where the payments are processed?

If it is at the server you can set up a NAS to process the SMSing.
  • Options
    Luc_VanDyckLuc_VanDyck Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 3,633
    The easiest way is to send SMS-messages using regular mail.

I can describe the way it works on this website:
    • You sign up with a SMS-provider (eg: www.bulksms.com)
    • They will provide you with a e-mail address that act as a SMS gateway
    • When you want to send a SMS message, you just send a e-mail to the SMS gateway:
      The To-field in your mail contains the phone number together with the SMS gateway address.
      The Subject-field contains a password to prevent others using your account.
      The Body-field contains the message you want to send.
    How this mail is sent is up to you: it can be send when someone posts the payment of the invoice (executed on the client), or it can be send using NAS (executed on the server).
    No support using PM or e-mail - Please use this forum. BC TechDays 2024: 13 & 14 June 2024, Antwerp (Belgium)
  • Options
    wirowiro Member Posts: 92
    That is easy for the place with internet connectivity.
    How about modem GSM, do you have any reference for API sms gateway?
  • Options
    cetastechcetastech Member Posts: 1
    Hi,

We have created a solution on .NET and successfully integrated the same with NAV. Using this solution you can send business notification through SMS, you can create Pre-defined Templates which can be selected while sending an SMS. You can configure role & Privileges for sending SMS. We have named this as DynaText.

We are extending this currently to allow customers to subscribe information as SMS and also event based notification through SMS. We can use both SMS gateways and GSM Modems with SMS Package.

Regards

kabilan
  • Options
    GRIZZLYGRIZZLY Member Posts: 127
    If you would use SMS gate, then I suggest you read my article: http://x-dynamics.blogspot.com/2011/07/ ... m-nav.html
    Sincerely yours, GRIZZLY
    Follow my blog at http://x-dynamics.blogspot.com
  • Options
    smsstriker22smsstriker22 Member Posts: 1
    edited 2017-07-01
    Nice