OnlyMaxLimit and ValueIsFilter

markborgesmarkborges Member Posts: 170
Does anybody know what are these two fields (OnlyMaxLimit and ValueIsFilter) used for in the Table Filter window for CalcFormula fields on FlowFields?

I've looked for answers on Nav Guide, Nav Certification Course Guide and here in Mibuso but nobody knew.

I hope somebody knows!

Thanks in advance!
Marcelo Borges
D365 Business Central Solutions Architect
BC AL/NAV C/AL Developer
BC Repositories.com

Answers

• krikikriki Member, Moderator Posts: 9,110
    "ValueIsFilter": the value in the field is not 1 value, but in reality it is a filter. It is used in a flowfield in table 15 that filters on table 17.
    "OnlyMaxLimit ": :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: ahum, I have to admit I don't know it.
    Regards,Alain Krikilion
    No PM,please use the forum. || May the <SOLVED>-attribute be in your title!

• WaldoWaldo Member Posts: 3,412
    I seldom use OnlyMaxLimit or ValueIsFilter. I think the best explenation you can find in the adg:

You can use the OnlyMaxLimit option to remove the lower limit from a range defined by a filter
    expression. For example, if the filter expression is defined as a range x..y, setting the
    OnlyMaxLimit option transforms the expression into ..y.

The ValueIsFilter option determines how the system interprets the contents of the field referred to
    in the Value column in the table filter window. For example, if the field contains the value
    1000..2000, setting the ValueIsFilter option will cause this value to be interpreted as a filter rather
    than as a specific value.

Eric Wauters
    MVP - Microsoft Dynamics NAV
    My blog
  • jreynoldsjreynolds Member Posts: 175
    Waldo wrote:
    You can use the OnlyMaxLimit option to remove the lower limit from a range defined by a filter
    expression. For example, if the filter expression is defined as a range x..y, setting the

This is useful with date filters when you want the flowfield to be a balance at a date - you want to remove the lower date limit. See the Balance at Date field in the G/L Account table for an example.
  • markborgesmarkborges Member Posts: 170
    Thanks all...

That's all I needed to know... I was working exactly on this point of "Balance at Date" and I thought this could be useful but I wasn't sure. I saw this "OnlyMaxLimit" set on "Balance Due" of Customer Table and now I know this field returns exactly the balance I want.

Thanks again!

:wink:
    Marcelo Borges
    D365 Business Central Solutions Architect
    BC AL/NAV C/AL Developer
    BC Repositories.com
  • jotamarjotamar Member Posts: 1
    You can find more information of ValueIsFilter option into this blog:

http://jotamar-infotecno.blogspot.com/2 ... r_400.html

I hope this can help you.

Greetings!
  • vijay_gvijay_g Member Posts: 884
    Waldo wrote:

so there should be like this if want to remove higher limit...

..x

any help would be really appreciated.
    please help.