Options

Firefox-trick to avoid automatic log out after some time

krikikriki Member, Moderator Posts: 9,096
edited 2006-09-25 in Feedback
You can use extension "Reload Every".
This reloads the page every N seconds/minutes, refreshing the cookie and thus avoiding the automatic logout.

Negative is that you better don't use that tab to work in, because you might be writing a post and see it disappear after an automatic reload.

Best use : open a tab with the Navision forum, log in and enable "Reload Every" for that tab (BUT ONLY FOR THAT TAB!).
If you want to work in Mibuso, open the page you want to see in another tab. This new tab will NOT be refreshed, but the original page will.
Regards,Alain Krikilion
No PM,please use the forum. || May the <SOLVED>-attribute be in your title!

Comments

• Options
    Marije_BrummelMarije_Brummel Member, Moderators Design Patterns Posts: 4,262
    Since I have IE7 I usualy leave a tab with the forum open. Logout (almost) never happens.
  • Options
    ara3nara3n Member Posts: 9,255
    Looks like this the problem I was describing in here.
    http://www.mibuso.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12316&highlight=firefox

My workaround, is I'e disabled Firefox to remember my login for this website. If the next day I open Mibuso and I'm loged out, I simply hit the reload/refresh button and I get automatically loged in.
    It's wierd, but it works.
    Ahmed Rashed Amini
    Independent Consultant/Developer

blog: https://dynamicsuser.net/nav/b/ara3n
  • Options
    krikikriki Member, Moderator Posts: 9,096
    Since I have IE7 I usualy leave a tab with the forum open. Logout (almost) never happens.
    Since I use this extension is hasn't happened anymore (if I remember to enable it :mrgreen: ). ... I am using it for 2 days know :whistle:

["ara3n"] : yes, I was thinking about that problem. I thought that other Mibuso+Firefox members could be interested in this trick.
    Regards,Alain Krikilion
    No PM,please use the forum. || May the <SOLVED>-attribute be in your title!