Options

Employee Portal error communication error 10114

bbexbbex Member Posts: 8
edited 2009-10-28 in Navision e-Commerce
Hello,

I want to use the employee portal.
I've done alle the needed requirements, but now when i click on modify shared webpart, i get the error message 10114.
I've looked in the event viewer, and for the NAS i've got an error : could not load the selected type library.
The Nas service has started successfully..

Can you help me?

greetings
Bart

Comments

• Options
    cgundersoncgunderson Member Posts: 3
    I am receiving the same error. I have the following in the application event log:
    The description for Event ID ( 109 ) in Source ( CGTSPHX-NAV1-SQL ) cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. You may be able to use the /AUXSOURCE= flag to retrieve this description; see Help and Support for details. The following information is part of the event: The combination of user ID and password entered is invalid. Try again.

Can't figure out who the user is. I have all possible users setup in Navsion EP.

Any help will be appreciated.
  • Options
    IHateLinuxIHateLinux Member Posts: 223
    Hi,

this is quite easy.
    Whenever you install the Navision Application Server, the service is running with a local system account. This windows account has never ever access to the NAV database.

So you have to change the Windows Account with whom the NAS service is running to an existing Windows account which has the permission to log on as NAV user.

The NAS is not able to connect to a NAV database using database logon!

This windows account has to have a lot of permissions to run as a service, so it might be useful to add the account to the local administrator group (if you are running in a Active Directory Domain).

HTH,
    Rainer
  • Options
    cgundersoncgunderson Member Posts: 3
    It turns out that I had the wrong xp_ndo.dll - needed to to be able to login with windows authentication.

Thanks for your help.
  • Options
    surya.singhsurya.singh Member Posts: 38
    Hi

I am having the same problem,Can you tell me in detail about this dll.And how to resolve it..Pls pls ,Its very urgent

Thanks In Advance:

Surya Prakash Singh
  • Options
    aliennavaliennav Member Posts: 449
    cgunderson wrote:
    It turns out that I had the wrong xp_ndo.dll - needed to to be able to login with windows authentication.

Thanks for your help.

Can u please specify the dll and the way to mend the problem??
  • Options
    IHateLinuxIHateLinux Member Posts: 223
    Hi,

from my point of view: just RTFM.

1.) Install NAS
    2.) Set the NAS properties
    3.) Set the service account of the NAS to a windows account which is for the start SUPER user in your NAV DB
    4.) Start the NAS and watch the complete event log entries!!!

To ensure that this windows account can log on you just simply log onto that machine with the windows account, you then open a normal NAV client and use windows auth. If you can connect everything fine, if not then you have to setup windows auth.

But that is all very clear described in the manual!

HTH,
    Rainer
  • Options
    GnovaldGnovald Member Posts: 67
    Same problem here! And I read the f*cking manual, a couple of times and I have had the NEP/WSS up and running on another system - but here it will not work!

/Gnovald
  • Options
    GnovaldGnovald Member Posts: 67
    Hi all!

Got it to work, finally!

I gave up trying to get the NAS to work on the virtual server installation. I installed it on the SQL server instead. And after running in to new problems (I hade the wrong message queue on the wrong server) and after some trouble shooting I got it to work.

I think I have it now, so if I can in any way contribute in helping others with there simular problems just send me a mail and I will try my best.

/Gnovald
  • Options
    JHavermansJHavermans Member Posts: 17
    From out a SharePoint site, i connect to a Native Navision server/database, but get the following error:
    - 10114): No reply received from Back End System (Time Out).

I use three servers:
    - 1. sharepoint
    - 2. nas
    - 3. navision/database

The Nas is running via an domain user which is part of the administrator users. also this user has super rights in navision.

Also the following is in the eventlog from the NAS server:
    The description for Event ID ( 20010 ) in Source ( COMPANY-NAS-CLASSIC ) cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. You may be able to use the /AUXSOURCE= flag to retrieve this description; see Help and Support for details. The following information is part of the event: The TCP/IP connection's 'host' is not answering (TCP/IP error ECONNREFUSED).

You can see how to make changes to your 'hosts' and 'services' files in the documentation for the network. Contact your system manager if you need assistance.

Please HELP!
  • Options
    JHavermansJHavermans Member Posts: 17
    Solved the error above. Have editted the hosts and services files on the server where the nas is running. restarted the services and it worked.

Now get a second error, but i'm going to look to it myself first.
  • Options
    sajidhanifkhansajidhanifkhan Member Posts: 182
    cgunderson wrote:

You need to install the Navision client of the same version as the Application server.

Sajid
  • Options
    lilkoulilkou Member Posts: 8
    Hallo, I need help
    I have my Report 50038 in cu6828 declare

REPORT::"Return Order Confirmation ISF": //IFD LN 03.04.08 50038
    ReturnValue := SalesHeaderTableBased(ReportID,TmpFileName,PrintRecordRef);
    And a Action to a report in a
    Form declare
    Art Zielwebpartanforderung Code Zieltabellennr. Berichts-ID Beschreibung Bildcode Feldüberprüfung erforderlich Anzeigen in Modus HTML-Layout Position Nur editierbar anzeigen Caption
    Bericht anzeigen Aktuell SHOWREPORT 36 50038 Form1 KK Nein Anzeigen Verknüpfung 30000 Nein Bericht

... BUT...

I try to open a report and became the follow:

Server Error in '/UserControls' Application.

Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.]
    o.a(String A_0) +21
    Microsoft.Navision.EmployeePortal.CustomControlLibrary.Report.b() +48
    Microsoft.Navision.EmployeePortal.CustomControlLibrary.Report.CreateChildControls() +143
    System.Web.UI.Control.EnsureChildControls() +87
    System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal() +50
    System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal() +170
    System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal() +170
    System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +2041

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:2.0.50727.1433; ASP.NET Version:2.0.50727.1433

What is this ? What is the problem ?
  • Options
    Ravi_ThakkarRavi_Thakkar Member Posts: 392
    Hi all,
    I am facing the same problem in Modifying the shared document.
    First before modifying shared document, the EVEVT VIEWER is showing me the desc as follows :

The description for Event ID ( 20010 ) in Source ( WIN2K3R2EE-CLASSIC ) cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. You may be able to use the /AUXSOURCE= flag to retrieve this description; see Help and Support for details. The following information is part of the event: The Application Server for Microsoft Dynamics NAV WIN2K3R2EE-CLASSIC started with the following configuration:
    Database Server Name = WIN2K3R2EE
    Database =
    Company = Paradigm Inc - TESTING
    Startup Parameter = NEP-1

When I am going to modify it, it's showing me the event description:

Event ID 10131
    Cannot retrieve site information.

and in site it is showing me the error 10114 with the message as reply received from Back End System (Time Out).

Can anybody help me?
    Please.

Thanks in advance.
    Ravi_Thakkar
    Ahmedabad, Gujarat, India
    E Mail : ravi.thakkar@hotmail.com
  • Options
    Ravi_ThakkarRavi_Thakkar Member Posts: 392
    Hello All,

My problem has been solved.

Thanks.
    Ravi_Thakkar
    Ahmedabad, Gujarat, India
    E Mail : ravi.thakkar@hotmail.com
  • Options
    magnifiquemagnifique Member Posts: 43
    Please, how did you resolve this problem because i am having the same problem.
    ](*,)