HTML doc as body of an email message

hsilveirahsilveira Member Posts: 23
Hi all,

I have a customer that needs to send a mailing to his costumers but he wants to send a HTML document as the body of the message.

I know how i can send the html file as attachment but the result for my client is not the same.

We have Navision 4Sp1 with SQL2000.

Anyone have some urgent idea ](*,) ?

Thanks for your time,

XMAN

Comments

• hsilveirahsilveira Member Posts: 23
    Thanks for your quick response.

I don't know too much about .NET. Can you give a more explicit answer?

Is there any developed SMTP OCX component already developed in .NET that i can register in Navision???

Thanks for your help

XMAN
    ok, thanks anyway :(

XMAN
  • Marije_BrummelMarije_Brummel Member, Moderators Design Patterns Posts: 4,262
    If you send a report as HTML and your Outlook formatting is HTML the report becomes the body of the email.

I've tested 3.7
    I try to solve my problem in 2 different ways:

First i read all html lines of the html file and send them in the body of the email and don't work. The format of Outlook is HTML. I used codeunit 397 to do that.

On the other hand, i make some research at the internet (google my best friend :D ) and i found an SMTP OCX but it doesn't work.

http://www.nowecor.de/users/stephan/ind ... mtpocx.htm

Ther error is:

Problem with member Send.SMTPMailXControl1.SMTPMailX

Anyone knows why?

Thanks a lot,

XMAN
  • Marije_BrummelMarije_Brummel Member, Moderators Design Patterns Posts: 4,262
    What I did was open report 1, select preview, then File->Send->Report By-Email.

My Outlook is set as HTML and the report becomes the body of a new mail.
  • kwalker0412kwalker0412 Member Posts: 11
    Mark,
    When I do that, the description text on the line comes into the body as multiple lines. This also happens when I make the html come in as an attachment, when I open the attachment the line looks the same.

Any ideas would be appreciated!

Thanks,
    Kelly
  • mgmmgm Member Posts: 126
    Is there a way to use a report and send it by html and also fill the message fields To: and Subject: automatically?
    I mean: print a report (which save it as a html), opens a e-mail message and fills the fields automatically?
  • BGIBGI Member Posts: 176
    If you send a report as HTML and your Outlook formatting is HTML the report becomes the body of the email.

I've tested 3.7

This is al working offcourse but is it manually.
    Did anyone found a solution to the original question, as is make a html formated mail via codeunit 397?
    Ie. when i use addbodyline('<B>bold</B>') it adds the complete text (with the <B> in it....and i want in the mail to interprete it...
    and i do not want to work with smtp ocx's because i need to give the control to the user to modify the mail message before sending it....
    Rgds
    Benny Giebens