Options

Item Tracking bug in 3.6?

SMSSMS Member Posts: 22
edited 2003-03-04 in Navision Attain
Does anyone know any details about a bug in the Item Tracking in 3.6?

We went from 3.10 to 3.6 and there was obvious changes to how Navision tracks parts with Serial Numbers, particularly on how you select the Item Tracking No.'s.

When we pull up the Item Tracking table from a Sales Order, or Return Order the available Serial No.'s are not there (as they should be). AND before you ask, YES, we have the correct Warehouse selected.

IF I dig down to the Tracking table the numbers are there, and are available, just not showing properly when called from a Sales Order etc.

Help....Anyone?
Sandy

Comments

• Options
    Francis_MalengierFrancis_Malengier Member Posts: 28
    What do you mean by 'when we pull upt the item tracking table' ?

I did a small test (in Cronus with the item 80218-T) and everything works fine.

However, a change is that the tracking lines are stored in a temporary table until the moment you post the sales order. Take a look at the table 337 Reservation entry, ther you will find the serial numbers you selected.

Francis
  • Options
    SMSSMS Member Posts: 22
    From what I can see, the Serial No.'s that are available are copied into a seperate table until they are sold, then there are moved to another table. These two tables do not match the main Item Tracking table.

Example: A Serial No. that IS available in the main Item Tracking table does NOT show up in the Item Tracking table in the Sales Order Screen. The same is true when trying to complete a Sales Credit.

When I said "pulling up the Item Tracking table" in the Sales Order Screen I mean, from the Line button, Select Item Tracking Lines, and from that card, you select the Assist button on the Serial No. field, you then get an Item Tracking Summary table to select an available Serial No.
    Sandy
  • Options
    ShrekShrek Member Posts: 3
    Did you employ a workaround in version 3.10 to allow you to use Reservations and Item tracking at the sometime? Help Document ID: 16461 explained how to comment out code in Codeunit 22.
    There is a problem with this workaround, where Item Ledger Entries are missed applied leaving Item Tracking Entries open but the corresponding Item Ledger Entries would be closed by pervious posting.
    There is a God!