Automatically SAVEASHTML

zeninolegzeninoleg Member Posts: 236
Hi, All
Our company wants to save all the reports that user generates in electronic format regardless if they are printed or not. It really does not matter which format to prefer(HTML, XML, doc .....)
So basically the idea is similar to the one where user generates a report and then selects File->Save As HTML. The only difference - it should happen automatically without user's knowledge.
Some reports are easy - I can get the filters that user selected on the request form set those filters on the RecordVariable and use Report.SAVEASHTML(ReportNumber, FileName ,SystemPrinter , RecordVariable).
The problem comes when report is based on multiple dataitems or user can set some parameters on the request form. I will have to cdit each and every report and add function to set those parameters to get same HTML file as user got in his generation.
I have tried CurrReport.SAVEASXML(FileName) in the PostReport Trigger but it gives an error saying that report 0 does not exist. Is there a way to save programically exact image of the report?
If something is not clear I will be happy to clarify.....
Thank you for your help
Best Regards,
Oleg

Comments