Options

Msg 8115, Level 16, State 2

aromanocohenaromanocohen Member Posts: 10
edited 2006-09-22 in Navision Financials
I use Navision financials with SQL Server 2000 Service Pack 4, and a register in a table of my database has the following value in a field called "Importe"

When i trie to restore a demo database from Navision I receive the following error: "Decimal Overflow"

Because of that I have tried to change the value of the field from Navision and also from SQL SERVER.

In Navision I received the following error when I have tried to change the value.

8115,"22003"

And When I trie to change the same value with the following query from SQL I receive the following error:

UPDATE    [Kanan Hit, S.A. de C.V.$Mov. contabilidad]
SET              Importe = 1.00
WHERE     ([Nº mov.] = 2269137)

Error:

Server: Msg 8115, Level 16, State 2, Procedure Kanan Hit, S.A. de C.V.$Mov. contabilidad_TG, Line 199

Spanish:
Error de desbordamiento aritmético al convertir expression al tipo de datos numeric.

Translation to English
(Arithmetic Overflow when converting an expression to the data type numeric.)

Thank you and please help me.
Abraham Romano

Comments

• Options
    ara3nara3n Member Posts: 9,256
    The highest integer that a 32 bit field can contain is 2147483648.
    Your number is a lot bigger than that. That is why you are getting the error.
    Ahmed Rashed Amini
    Independent Consultant/Developer

blog: https://dynamicsuser.net/nav/b/ara3n
  • Options
    zeninolegzeninoleg Member Posts: 236
    :-k How did that value got there in first place? Is it possible that this field was a text field and now it is converting it into decimal?
    Best Regards,
    Oleg
  • Options
    kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    @MAX_PRECISION
    2) On the SQL server can be set another precision - in this case, when you are transfering the database by dettach/attach or backup/restore, you can have value which you cannot process on the server.
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.