Options

ODBC error creating new Navision Financials 2.5 database

mr.mcgoomr.mcgoo Member Posts: 30
edited 2006-08-31 in Navision Financials
I am trying to get a 2.5 native db into SQL. I thought using finsql.exe restore of a .fbk would be a good solution.
I've loaded SQL7.0 SP4 on a test machine, I've got Navision 2.5 loaded but no databases. I can get Navision running, but need to create a new database ready to hold my restored db.
I've cured loads of issues like precision. Loaded the C/ODBC driver, loaded the licence file.
I'm now stuck on the following message;
An ODBC error occurred, but no error information could be retrieved.

I've clicked on File | Database | New, entered the DB name and login credentials and clicked OK. I get the New database form up. I enter the name of an existing but empty sql database in the General tab. If I click on OK or any of the other tabs I get the error message.

Cheers
Chris
Regards
Mr McGoo

Comments

• Options
    DenSterDenSter Member Posts: 8,304
    Because you are in the 'file/database/new' dialog, so it tries to create a new database which won't succeed. If your database is a Navision database you should be able to simply open it. File/Database/open, click on the lookup button and the database should be listed there. If it is not listed, then it doesn't recognize it as a Navision database. In that case you need to wipe out the database, create a new one through the Navision UI and restore it from there.