Localizations 4.00 SP1 (CH,SW,UK,IT,SP,PT,FR,BE,DE)

RemcoRemco Member Posts: 81
Hi,

We are doing an international project (4.00 SP1) where we also have to implement all legal local functionalities from the countries:
- Switzerland
- Sweden
- UK
- Italy
- Spain
- Portugal
- France
- Belgium
- Germany

I already have some document that give a small description of all the localizations, and which objects are modified for each functionality.
What I am looking for are technical documents per localization that describe what is modified in which objects for which functionality.
For example: In tabel 36 field 11300 has been added for functionality A and field 11301 has been added for functionality B for the Belgium localization.
Can anybody help me with these documents that I am looking for.

Thanx!!

Comments

• Luc_VanDyckLuc_VanDyck Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 3,633
    You should contact the Microsoft offices in the following countries:
    - Switzerland
    - Sweden
    - UK
    - Italy
    - Spain
    - Portugal
    - France
    - Belgium
    - Germany

Hope this helps ;-)
    No support using PM or e-mail - Please use this forum. BC TechDays 2024: 13 & 14 June 2024, Antwerp (Belgium)
  • nunomaianunomaia Member Posts: 1,153
    I don’t know about the other countries. But in Portugal every localized object is marked as with the version NAVPT4.00
    The New fields in tables are in the range of 13300.

The new objects are also in the same range (Reports, Tables, etc)

Localized code is marked as

//--PT----

I think the localized version of Portugal, isn’t to different from W1. Except of course of the Country specific module, the “Carteira”
    Nuno Maia

Freelance Dynamics AX
    Blog : http://axnmaia.wordpress.com/
  • RemcoRemco Member Posts: 81
    Hi,

All the localizations are marked with their countrycode. But what I want to know is: which modification belongs to which specific local functionality. For instance the Belgium localization exists of ± 30 functionalities. In codeunit 80 for 3 functionaliteit are modifications made. But which modification belongs to which functionality.
  • defiant701defiant701 Member Posts: 79
    Hi

it is possible to adapt several features and local requirements from localized NAV versions, but it is not advisable. We also made such thing in the past. Each new (adapted) feature affects objects and is not easy to handle for useres. Also each time you need to update there is a lot of work. Finally with the IN version you will fail (more than 400 objects modified and 200 new objects).

Regards
    Debuggers don't remove bugs, they only show them in slow-motion

LinkedIn
    XING
  • lgoerslgoers Member Posts: 3
    Hi

Where did you find any documentation on localizations? I've searched and emailed but have not received any direction. Please advise.

Thank you -
  • nunomaianunomaia Member Posts: 1,153
    In Partnersource there are a few documents related to each localizations features.
    Nuno Maia

Freelance Dynamics AX
    Blog : http://axnmaia.wordpress.com/
  • alok_agrawalalok_agrawal Member Posts: 18
    where do we find the localization documents??
    any specific link in partner source please help.