Options

How would you define capacity constraints of 10% below full?

srikantasrikanta Member Posts: 6
Dear Friends,

I am planning for Navision - Manufacturing Certification -and i got some exam question from my seniors out of that some questions are very critical. Please guide me and if you peoples have some questions please guide me?

Questions are:

1)How would you define the capacity constraints of 10% below full load?
Ans:1)Define critical load of 10% 2)Define critical load of above90% 3)give a dampner of 10%

2)To eliminate the action messages related to purchase order a) put a dampner b)Define Planning flexibility to None d)No action messages related to purchase order d)

Srikanta
Srikanta
Functional Consultant
Godrej Infotech
Mumbai
India

Comments

• Options
    Miklos_HollenderMiklos_Hollender Member Posts: 1,598
    Basically, it works the following way. If you define the constraint as 90%, then it will of course be 10% below the maximum. The dampener is a special feature which is I think used only if you don't have 24hrs manufacturing, but only 8 or 16 hrs. In that case, it's practically possible to overload capacities, because it means telling people that today there'll be a bit of an overtime. Setting, say, 2% dampener for 8hrs manufacturing means 9.6 minutes of overtime is acceptable. So if an operation would cause 8 minutes of overtime, it will be scheduled for that day, but if it would cause 15 minutes, then it would schedule the full 15 minutes to the next morning. So I think 2).

As for not accepting Action Messages, it's clearly the Planning Flexibility. Setting PF to None practically means that if we already issued a Purchase Order, we don't want Navision to set the quantity to double and the deadline three days earlier because we think our vendor won't accept that.

However, I think you should read the manual again and especially do all the exercises, because it's a hard exam. I blew it first time, because it asked stuff like "which menu does this menu item live in" which needs some practice, of doing the exercises and trying things out.
  • Options
    krikikriki Member, Moderator Posts: 9,090
    [Topic moved from Navision forum to Navision Exams & Certification forum]
    Regards,Alain Krikilion
    No PM,please use the forum. || May the <SOLVED>-attribute be in your title!