Options

Dev 2, MB7-222 Material

quiNavquiNav Member Posts: 17
I have a few questions that I'm NOT so sure about the answers. I would appreciate it if someone can verify the answers for the questions and if possible, please give me some explaination as well. Thank you very much

1) Which of the following is True regarding Text Constants?
a. Text constants are recommended for error messages so that they can be translated
b. Text constants cannot be translated
c. All error messages must be entered as text constants
d. Error messages cannot be entered as text constants

==> A (because I think B, C & D are wrong)

2) Which of the following is true regarding NODBC and Multilanguage capability?
a. NODBC is not a multi-language enabled
b. Only the Table Name is multi-language enabled
c. The Table Name, Field Name, and OptionStirng values are multi-language enabled
d. Only the data is multi-language enabled

==> B (NODBC is multi-language enabled, so are its properties)

3) Which of the following would not be a valid reason to apply Grouping in report?
a. To cause a report to print a new page for each Saleperson when printing a list of Customers
b. To print a Subtotal of the Balance field for each Saleperson when printing a list of Customers
c. To cause two or more Customer reports to print simultaneously for each Saleperson
d. To cause the report to print a subheading each time the Saleperson code changes when printing a list of customers

==> C (because it does not cause 2 or more Customer REPORTs to print simultaneously, it's right if it causes 2 or more Customer Records to be printed)

4) You are designing a report that is going to be run while other users are inserting records into the same transaction tables, using version based navision server what do you need to do t the report to make sure that the data reported will be a consistent snapshot of the data those transactions
a. you don't need to anything
b. you will need to set the transaction type property to SnapShot
c. you will need to set the transaction type property to Browse
d. there is nothing you can do. user will just have to tell all the others

==> A or B

5) Cust Ledger entry indented under Customer,which of the following would be easiest way to filter both tables to the same date.
a. Add datefilter to the Req Filter Fields propertyof the customer dataitem and link the posting date field of the custLedgerEntry dataitemto the data"efilter field of the customer table using the dataitemlink property
b. Add datefilter to Reqfilterfields property of the customer dataitem and use the Setfilter command to filter the posting datefield of the Cust.Ledger Entry table .
c. use setfilter
d. use setrange

==> No ideas ](*,)

6) If you want to run a report modally within process of a form, what have you do?
a. variablereport.RUNMODAL.
b. variablereport.RUN.
c. Set ReqFilterFields value.
d. Create Request form.

==> A

7) If you want to run a form and the user information will be used to setup more than one table, what will you do:
a. variableform.RUNMODAL.
b. variableform.RUN.
c. FORM.RUN(FORM::Form_Name,rec).
d. FORM.RUNMODAL(FORM::Form_Name,rec).

==> D

If u have any questions you would like to discuss, please share !!!
Thanks Good luck to everyone

Comments

• Options
    SteveOSteveO Member Posts: 164
    For 5 I would say A (It's straight-forward and no code is required)
    This isn't a signature, I type this at the bottom of every message
  • Options
    quiNavquiNav Member Posts: 17
    Thanks Steve0 for your input! Do you have the answer for 4 as well?

By the way, Which table has more business rule and Why? Journal or Ledger?

A few more questions

1) C/AL language programming. What is true?
    a. it derives from microsoft c#
    b. Can be found in any Microsoft Application objects
    c. Requires that each line be identified by a line number
    d. Can be found in object areas known as events

==> D ?? Because MenuSuite is an Application Object and I think it does not contain codes, and A and C are wrong

2) Which kind of file is not present on the client computer
    a. stx
    b. etx
    c. chm
    d. fdb

3) which should we use that allows users to access Navision data through ODBC
    a. Navision Server Option
    b. Navision Server and SQL server option
    c. SQL sever
    d. Visual Basic

4) How to implement optimistic concurrency (I dn’t remember the server type) ?

A: Set a maximum of filters. The server will lock the table (implicit) during the update
    B: Set a maximum of filters and explicitly call the LOCKTABLE
    C: lock table when you read and you are sure that after you will do an update

5) Which of the following is not true regarding the methods and properties of an Automation server controlled from C/SIDE?
    a. When the Automation variable is properly declared, you can view the methods and properties using the C/AL symbol menu
    b. Certain methods and properties will not be able to utilized in navision if there is no corresponding data type within navision
    c. knowledge of the relationship between COM data typesand navision data types is required
    d. Com data type can be converted to Navision data types using alter datatype in order for an outside application.
  • Options
    andy76andy76 Member Posts: 616
    2) I found that the right answer is the (C) on page 25 of Microsoft Business Solutions Navision ODBC Driver 4.0 Guide.pdf manual

7) I tried also the (A) in the system and is ok. Which is the difference? How do we choose the right one?

Andy
  • Options
    In my previous post I referred to the first list of questions.
  • Options
    wwestendorpwwestendorp Member Posts: 178
    andy76 wrote:
    2) I found that the right answer is the (C) on page 25 of Microsoft Business Solutions Navision ODBC Driver 4.0 Guide.pdf manual

Yes, but the question is which is NOT there.

The correct answer is (D).

:roll:

7) I tried also the (A) in the system and is ok. Which is the difference? How do we choose the right one?

Andy
  • Options
    andy76 wrote:

----
    :-s Sincerely I don't understand what you mean

c. The Table Name, Field Name, and OptionStirng values are multi-language enabled

In the file is written that the answer is C
    :-k :-
  • Options
    wwestendorpwwestendorp Member Posts: 178
    andy76 wrote:
    andy76 wrote:

----
    :-s Sincerely I don't understand what you mean

If you read the question and then look into the client folder

2) Which kind of file is not present on the client computer
    a. stx
    b. etx
    c. chm
    d. fdb

You will find that there is NO file with the extensions fdb, so the answer must be d.)

#-o

In the file is written that the answer is C
    :-k :-
  • Options
    vyankuvyanku Member Posts: 791
    \:D/ I like to share the questions and answer with u
    \:D/ \:D/ I pass out te technical exam with 96% \:D/

\:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ :whistle: