doubt in Purchase returns

shilpa_nandushilpa_nandu Member Posts: 162
Dear Experts,

There is a situation here :
My client will use the Purchase return orders of NAV for return of spoiled items for which replacements will be sent by the vendor.
Now, these replaced items are entered into the system with a new GRN but the old PO and invoice has to be called as the vendor does not send new invoice for this.....

Note that no debit memo will be raised for the PO.

Can any one suggest how this can be met in NAV???

Shilpa

Comments

• Marije_BrummelMarije_Brummel Member, Moderators Design Patterns Posts: 4,262
    Maybe it can be solved in NAV using standard modules, but for one of my customers I've built a solution where repairorders are a separate document with it's own posting routines. This way you have contol of all the postings yourself.
  • ssinglassingla Member Posts: 2,973
    I f you will use Standard Navision Purchase return order functionality then a credit memo will be generated and at the time of receipt of the replaced material you will have to book the invoice. There is no way you can stop this.

Well U can have a work around and i do not know how good/bad it is.

Create a loaction for "Replacement Material with vendors" and use transfer journal to transfer out/in the material. No debit note will be generated and you will also know how much material is pending for return.

Critical comments on the solution is welcome.
    CA Sandeep Singla
    http://ssdynamics.co.in
  • Marije_BrummelMarije_Brummel Member, Moderators Design Patterns Posts: 4,262
    Yes, that is basicly what I have built also, but with some document attached to it so you can keep track of your returnorders.

The document can be simple, A numberseries based table with a vendor no., some name and address fields and an item no.

You can also add some info about the status of the document.
  • austinaustin Member Posts: 191
    Yes, that is basicly what I have built also, but with some document attached to it so you can keep track of your returnorders.

The document can be simple, A numberseries based table with a vendor no., some name and address fields and an item no.

You can also add some info about the status of the document.

Thanks Mark,

can u explain about this some what detail.
  • austinaustin Member Posts: 191
    Please help me..............