Opening setup checklist hangs in certain companies

DafkeDafke Member Posts: 12
Navision 4.0SP1 database on a SQL 2005 server with at the moment 14 companies in it.

I'm creating new companies and want to copy a lot of the setup from one of the existing companies. When I open the setup checklist screen: Navision gives a counter stating:
"Searching the table information table" and this goes on for ever. Yesterday I thought it had something to do with the company-name, because it had a number in it (I created an extra company with a number, and this one had the same problem).
However, I deleted that company and created it with ***B*** instead of ***8*** in the name, with no success: the problem remains.

The other companies in the database (even newer created companies) have no problem with the setup checklist.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks and best regards,
Dafke

Comments

• WaldoWaldo Member Posts: 3,412
    In table 344 (Setup Checklist Line), modify the flowfields "No. of Records" and ""No. of Records (Source Table)". You should remove the Table Filter on "No. of Records" (being a filter <> 0).

Just remove it on both flowfields and the problem is solved.

If anyone knows the exact reason that Microsoft applies this filter, please tell me, because for me, it is redicalous (and so I remove the filter to get rid of the performance issue).

Eric Wauters
    MVP - Microsoft Dynamics NAV
    My blog
  • cvealecveale Member Posts: 135
    I am getting this same issue in NAV 2009 SP1 classic client.

do you know how to fix thix one ?
  • alexjensenalexjensen Member Posts: 41
    Waldo wrote:
    In table 344 (Setup Checklist Line), modify the flowfields "No. of Records" and ""No. of Records (Source Table)". You should remove the Table Filter on "No. of Records" (being a filter <> 0).

Just remove it on both flowfields and the problem is solved.

If anyone knows the exact reason that Microsoft applies this filter, please tell me, because for me, it is redicalous (and so I remove the filter to get rid of the performance issue).

Hi Waldo

We are having the same problem. It only seems to be in some companies and not others in the same database. And the comapnies are almost identical (almost empty).

Any idea why it's happening?

Best regards,

AJ
  • AlexWileyAlexWiley Member Posts: 230
    I just started getting it when trying to open the data migration form after backing up a test company and restoring the original. So it seems tied to creation of new companies and the Company Setup area. Maybe the addition of the new company displaces the records of where Nav thought it was looking at last? I will try Waldo's solution in relation to the Data Migration table.
  • AlexWileyAlexWiley Member Posts: 230
    In my case, I went to the Migration Table (8613) and ran it in object designer, there was one line, which I deleted and then was able to open up the Data Migration form directly without having this. I appears that having data in certain forms (that may be looking at data across multiple companies) during company creation is the area of the issue.