What do you think about the new licencing policy?

13»

Comments

• gerdhuebnergerdhuebner Member Posts: 155
    In some respect this "two-license-model" reminds me of the "variety" of car models in the former DDR - there was a "Trabi" and a "Wartburg"...
  • Alex_ChowAlex_Chow Member Posts: 5,063
    In some respect this "two-license-model" reminds me of the "variety" of car models in the former DDR - there was a "Trabi" and a "Wartburg"...

Well... After working with MBL and BRL for a while, it looks to make much more sense with selling per user instead of per module.

The key area that it resolves is the tedious task of explaining the new granules in the new version and why they need to purchase it separately when they're current on the enhancement.

The advantage of BRL is that if the customer is current on their enhancement, they can enjoy all the new functionalities in the new release without trying to be "sold-to" again. Saves their time to sit through sales demos, saves the partner's time without trying to give them another sales demo.

I can totally see the MBL granule list will grow longer and longer. Moving to per user license makes a whole lot more sense now.
  • gerdhuebnergerdhuebner Member Posts: 155
    Alex Chow wrote:
    ...The advantage of BRL is that if the customer is current on their enhancement, they can enjoy all the new functionalities in the new release without trying to be "sold-to" again...
    Yes, and may be after all that this was one of the reasons for the decline of the GDR system... - there was no enhancement plan... :wink: