Options

Hi,,, a question about navision license

agsboyagsboy Member Posts: 14
edited 2006-06-23 in Navision Financials
hi to everyone, my question is: is there a way to monitor the navision license? i mean, can i see what licenses have I use in my sistem?if i vae license 1 and then change it to license 2,,is there a table or a way to see theses changes made?

thanks in advance

Comments

• Options
    SavatageSavatage Member Posts: 7,142
    Tools-> License Information :?:
  • Options
    in tnat way i only see the actual license we're using...te point is this: we were using the VAR license, our vendor license to handle the system, we had access to everything, but today we have change it for our own license and so, w dont have many permissions..is there a way to use the old license so that or VAR/vendor don't notice that?
  • Options
    SavatageSavatage Member Posts: 7,142
    So you want to use a License that doesn't belong to you,
    and you want to hide that fact so nobody notices.... :roll:

Am I understanding now?
  • Options
    yes... i want to do that, case we're buying another license from another VAR/vendor, we want' to use it mean while
  • Options
    Marije_BrummelMarije_Brummel Member, Moderators Design Patterns Posts: 4,262
    You cannot buy a partner license, there was a discussion about this last week. Partner licenses are part of the partner program.

Partner licenses also expire, some in 12 months some even sooner. Also most partnerlicenses are limited to 5 or 10 users.

If you want to develop, buy the development granules, search the forum for the available options.

Again, it is illegal to run your system on a partner license and it is not recomendable.
  • Options
    Alex_ChowAlex_Chow Member Posts: 5,063
    Dang... The SPA would have a field day if they found out about this forum.

Anywho, you are in serious violation and may be forced to purchase all the granules in Navision, which runs about $300,000 - $400,000. Plus other penalties and jail time for grand theft.

All it takes is one disgruntle employee.
  • Options
    DenSterDenSter Member Posts: 8,304
    I was going to say you are violating all sorts of laws and are liable for all sorts of fines and other things, so you'd better not be too vocal about stealing someone else's license.

As a manner of principle I will not help you with this question.
  • Options
    ok, take it easy, our vendor/VAR put their own license into our system beacause ourlicense didn't work, for example, we couldn't insert more clients por permissions problems, could'nt delete, in general, could' do nothing ! we have reported this to microsoft and were trying to buy more granules from another vendor ando to solve this permissions problem.
  • Options
    DenSterDenSter Member Posts: 8,304
    I guess I don't understand that if your VAR has installed their license themselves, why you would want to hide it from them, which was the initial question.
  • Options
    nevermind...they put their license cause ours dind't work well