Options

Automatically printing documents to PDF.

BradfootBradfoot Member Posts: 2
edited 2002-12-04 in Navision Attain
My client has Adobe Acrobat installed on their PC and would like to be able to automatically sent emails with PDF attachments of their documents, such as Purchase Orders. They currently have to print to the PDF printer entering a filename. Then create an email and attach this file. They would like to automate this in Navision. Sending an email with an attachment is not a problem. However I am unable to use the Acrobat OLE Automation controls to automate the printing and saving of the document in PDF format. Has anyone done anything similar or got any ideas?

Comments

• Options
    halldinhalldin Member Posts: 5
    Hi

When you install Acrobat you have the option to install a "Acrobat PDF writer" as a printer. If you print to that printer Acrobat will have a default output where you can pick up the file and attatch it to your e-mail.

I'm not sure if the newest version of acrobat gives you this option but we've successfully implemented this feature at a client installation. We, however encountered some problems in the citrix environment and ended up using IP print to print on the customers printer (through the fire wall).

Good luck
    Best Regards
    Lars Halldin
  • Options
    AnonymousAnonymous Guest Posts: 137
    We have written a PDF printing add-on that allows you to directly e-mail ANY document from within Navision as a PDF directly from the Print Dialog or as a separate button. Acrobat is not required to be installed on the machine, just a separate .DLL.

One interesting additional feature by our solution is that now you can also print logos and images in FULL color and resolution!!

Contact me at kirkg@msappletech.com if you want more info.

Thanks,

Kirk