I'd like to collect a short list of (important) local functionalities, because what's developed in one country, might be useful in another one as well. Please post yours.
- Handling VAT Fulfillment Date - if you Credit Memo an Invoice from an earlier VAT reporting perioud, you must be able to Post it to the Credit Memo date but report VAT to the original date
- Deducting VAT you did not yet pay to your vendors, because you cannot claim that back. Basically it's a whole new report, VAT Analytics, instead of using VAT Statements. Kinda sucks, it's better to customize the Statements.
- Advance Payments. Basically, an Advance Payment Document is similar to an invoice. You can "import" available Adv. P.-s to Invoices as a negative line. You can see the balance of Adv. P.-s on the Customer Card.
- Corrective Invoice. Very important. It's an invoice that corrects a previous one instead of Credit Memoing it, in an "original line", "corrected line", "difference" fashion. Very important requirement.
- Exporting Intrastat to CSV to send to the statistics bureau
- Calculate discounted unit price from line/inv. discount and showing it on the invoice. Very hand for those customers who never managed to grasp the sophisticated concept of percentages...
- Storing shipment method in the Intrastat Journal (shouldn't it become a general feature everywhere in the EU?)
- Central bank exchange rate for Currencies - for Intrastat
- Default unit of measure for Intrastat
- Depreciation for 365 days instead of 360
- Reports: Customer/Vendor Open Entries (a simple entry list, for those users who can't read on the screen)
Features not implement, but we generally add as a mandatory customization:
- No. Series date order for Invoices based on Document Date instead of Posting Date. Basically, a Document Date represents when an invoice has been issued, and we use Posting Date as fulfillment date (when the product or service was shipped or fulfilled).
- We typically disable invoicing from an order, because if you try it, and it stops due to an error, and invoice it from an invoice, then there will be a hole in the numbering series and tax inspectors here get very upset by that, they think you have deleted an invoice to "save" on tax.
Please post your local features.