Defining a specific bin for an item in Warehouse

spycraftspycraft Member Posts: 66
Hi,

I have a client who would like to define a specific bin for an item in the warehouse. How can we achieve this?

Comments

• johnson_alonsojohnson_alonso Member Posts: 690
    You must set check mandatory field in the location card on tab warehouse after defining bin codes in the card on location button, then in the item card, you may define the item in the specific bin you want by click item and select bin contents.

Rgds,
    Johnson
  • KowaKowa Member Posts: 923
    It also depends on the settings of the WMS. If Directed-Put Away and Pick is activated for the location you can define default bins and bin rankings.
    Kai Kowalewski
  • vivektaurianvivektaurian Member Posts: 69
    Hi Spycraft,

You can setup the bin as the fixed to the item which you want to fixed with the particular bin.

You can follow the path Location---->Bin---->Bin Content.

Here you can setup.

If any probs regarding this do let me know
    Regards,
    Vivek Srivastava

"Future Belongs to those who beleive in the beauty of their dreams"
  • MauddibMauddib Member Posts: 269
    Im having a small problem with this.

I am able to define a bin as default and fixed for an item in this way. I am also able to set the "Max. Qty." in the bin content to say that 5 pallets fit in this bin of that item.

When I make a put away for 10 of the item it will put 5 into my default bin (yay) and 5 into the next suitable bin it can find depending on Put Away Template settings (yay).

What it does not do is set the "Max. Qty." on the new bin content entry in the new bin. I see there is code in codeunit 7301 and 7319 that does set this field but I am not sure in what cases this code runs.

I breakpointed these functions during a full receipt and put away and neither function was executed.

So is this "Max Qty." Setting just not done or have I missed something somewhere?