Options

G/L Account Card & Gen Business Posting Group

bteredesaibteredesai Member Posts: 129
edited 2006-06-22 in Navision Financials
Dear All,

In Navision Cronus database, in Chart of Accounts window Gen Business Posting group is mapped against G/L Account Card. What is the reason/purpose behind this? Is this used for reporting purpose? Please let me know.

Regards,

Bhushan

Comments

• Options
    sggsgg Member Posts: 109
    The help on that field has the following:
    Gen. Bus. Posting Group Field

Here you can enter a general business posting group. To see the general business posting groups in the Gen. Business Posting Groups window, click the AssistButton in the field.

After you have attached a general business posting group code to a G/L account, this general business posting group code will automatically be inserted in a journal, sales or purchase line when you select the G/L account.

The general business posting group code indicates whom you sell to or buy from. The program uses this code together with the Gen. Prod. Posting Group and Gen. Posting Type fields, to find the G/L accounts to which the program posts sales, purchases, discount amounts, COGS and inventory adjustments.
    Sunday, Godwin G
  • Options
    johnson_alonsojohnson_alonso Member Posts: 690
    In Navision Cronus database, in Chart of Accounts window Gen Business Posting group is mapped against G/L Account Card. What is the reason/purpose behind this? Is this used for reporting purpose? Please let me know.

Account no (ledger) that has Gen Business Posting Group in meant for recorded the source of transaction either from AP or AR (vendor or customer). Mainly it's purpose for that. I mean if you have a G/L account and it has gen. business posting group, it means the G/L is intended to AP or AR transactions. It will be used for reporting too.

Rgds,
    Johnson