Options

VAT Statements

aarondaarond Member Posts: 16
edited 2006-06-29 in Navision Financials
Hi all,

Does anyone have any advice / notes!! to offer me as support for delivering VAT training in Navision?

I have attended and passed the Financials courses, but the literature is limited on VAT statements. In the MS notes, it basically says this where to set it up......

I confidently know all the other financial areas, SOP, POP, Banking, etc but VAT is my achilles heal!! I understand VAT theory, VAT posting Groups but it's the statement I don't know as well!! I have delivered training before, but would like to do it better! It'll be a UK Vat customer.

Any advice appreciated.

Comments

• Options
    bteredesaibteredesai Member Posts: 129
    VAT Statement is a report that displays posted VAT entries and calculates the duty liable to the authorities for the selected period. The report is printed on the basis of teh defination of the VAT statement in the VAT Statement Line.

For this first you nedd to create VAT Statement Templates. To create VAT Statement Templates go to - Financial Management - Setup - General - VAT Statement Templates.

Then you have to define the filters as per your requirement in VAT Statement Reports. Financial Management - General Ledger - Reports - VAT Reporting - VAT Statement.

Hope this will give you brief idea of how to go about it. I never worked on VAT functionality since, we do not have VAT in India. The reply is based on my little bit research. Correct me if i wrong.

Warm Regards,

Bhushan
  • Options
    KaetchenKaetchen Member Posts: 106
    Hi,

I have a pdf who explaines the setup of VAT Statement or have you figured it out in the meantime?

I have a problem with it at the moment which I try to figure out.

When you have FULLVAT the amount doesn't get posted to the Settlement Account.