Send report by email - Cannot find the DLL module

mhedexmhedex Member Posts: 4
Hi - i have several 4.0 SP1 installations where "Send report by email" work just fine .

But i recently discovered that i have 2 installations (also 4.0 sp1) where i get the "operating system cannot find the DLL module".

Now - being a complete beginner in the field of Navision - i have no idea what DLL is missing . - I'm accessing navision via Remote Desktop - and the same versions of Office are installed on all the installations. - including Outlook, which is setup as the default email client.

I've searched the forums for a solution - without luck - so i'm hoping some kind soul is able to help a poor green Navision-N00b

Comments

• David_CoxDavid_Cox Member Posts: 509
    I think it is a Navision loaded DLL

Microsoft MAPI Messages Control, version 6.0
    C:\Program Files\Common Files\Navision\Mapi\MSMAPI32.OCX
    C:\Program Files\Common Files\Navision\Mapi\MSMAPI32.OCX

So you may have to load Navision on your Client, or get the file sent to you and register it on your PC.
    Analyst Developer with over 17 years Navision, Contract Status - Busy
    Mobile: +44(0)7854 842801
    Email: david.cox@adeptris.com
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/Adeptris
  • mhedexmhedex Member Posts: 4
    Thx for a quick answer.

MSMAPI32.OCX was already on both of the faulty clients - i re-regged it just to be sure. Problem is unfortunately still there .
  • DenSterDenSter Member Posts: 8,305
    Turn on the debugger (tools, debugger, active), turn off the breakpoints on triggers, run your process and tell us which object it errors out on at what line, and which variable it is using, and we can research further.

You probably need to run the setup again (select custom) and make sure the right components are selected.
  • mhedexmhedex Member Posts: 4
    Turned on the debugger - turned of breakpoints -> error-message is still the same.

I talked to one of the customers today - they usually work via remote desktop, to work directly on the Navision-server - and thats where they get the error.

I'll try reinstalling the client on the server.
  • quidammquidamm Member Posts: 12
    I'm having the exact same issue with version 3.70. Anytime a user tries to send a report via email they get a 'The Operating System cannot find the DLL module' error.

Had no problems with this for years, then this weekend the network guys re-installed the Exchange Server and presto chango! Appears to only be happening for Remote Desktop users. Any new info here?
    The problem's usually between the chair and the keyboard!