Options

How to grant Read only access (to all data ) in Navision

winterwheatwinterwheat Member Posts: 8
Hi,

Our company rely on Navision Consultant from another company for Navision support. Therefore, they need to access our system to help out in troubleshooting from time to time.

However, is there any way we can restrict their access to read only? (e.g. can read all data from all the modules, but cannot perform transaction - no write access.).

I saw there is a Super(Data) role in the system, can I just assign the Super(data)access to the vendor to suit our requirement?

We are on Navision 4.0.

Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    vivektaurianvivektaurian Member Posts: 69
    U can give permission as read only to that user id in the permission of database login
    Regards,
    Vivek Srivastava

"Future Belongs to those who beleive in the beauty of their dreams"
  • Options
    Are you referring to give "read-only" access at the SQL database level?

Is there any role in Navision that suit my requirement? or is there any easy way for me to create a new role with such read-only access to all my data?
  • Options
    krikikriki Member, Moderator Posts: 9,096
    Create a new role with the following permissions:
    Table Data 0 : only read (read to read the data, but he can't change it ; execute has no sense in "Table Data")
    Table 0 : only read and execute permission (read to open the object and see the code ; execute to run it)
    Form 0 : only read and execute permission (read to open the object and see the code ; execute to run it)
    Report 0 : only read and execute permission (read to open the object and see the code ; execute to run it)
    Dataport 0 : only read and execute permission (read to open the object and see the code ; execute to run it)
    Codeunit 0 : only read and execute permission (read to open the object and see the code ; execute to run it)
    System 0 : only read and execute permission (or limit this in case you don't want that he can do everything.
    Regards,Alain Krikilion
    No PM,please use the forum. || May the <SOLVED>-attribute be in your title!

• Options
    Thanks... think this may solve the problem.

Just to confirm, by assigning them the new role with read-only access, will they be able to access the object designer?
  • Options
    HalMdyHalMdy Member Posts: 429
    You can explicitely give access or not on Object Designer .

Simply define a line in the permissions with System 5210
  • Options
    rajitha_tarajitha_ta Member Posts: 1
    is there any specific read only permission like "Super Read"
  • Options
    Slawek_GuzekSlawek_Guzek Member Posts: 1,690
    edited 2018-05-22
    Look how the standard NAV SUPER role is setup, then setup yours SUPER READ similarly

Create a new role called SUPER READ, in permissions set include a line TableData = 0, permissions =Read. For the rest of object types includeuse ID=0, and include Read and Execute permission

Yo may still need be use this role with conjuncion with standard role ALL, as few tables may require write access regardless (like User Time Register etc)
    Slawek Guzek
    Dynamics NAV, MS SQL Server, Wherescape RED;
    PRINCE2 Practitioner - License GR657010572SG
    GDPR Certified Data Protection Officer - PECB License DPCDPO1025070-2018-03