Fonts for reports

qngoqngo Member Posts: 58
I'm trying to change the fonts, but each time I select a new font, all the characters are capitalized. Any reasons why?

Comments

• Miklos_HollenderMiklos_Hollender Member Posts: 1,598
    It's hardly possible, becase Navision silently refuses to use fonts that do not cover the local code page completely. It has bitten me hard when I tried to print bar codes - no bar code fonts covered Latin-2 and even though I only wanted to print numbers, Navision refused to use the font.
    Oh. Just curious: how did you find out THAT? :) It sounds impossible to find out without tying a Vedbaek guy to a chair and liberally employing some of the best KGB interrogation techniques... :D:D:D
  • kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    :-) it seems like there is no Windows font. Just OS/2 or Mac... :D

Yes, the problem can be the codepage. And yes, it can be corrected in font editor... it took me 1 day to find it out, why the barcode font works on English windows but not on my Czech win (latin-2)...

And if the text is capitalized, are you working with text type variable or code type? Or it is problem of labels?
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
    Kine,

"it took me 1 day to find it out, why the barcode font works on English windows but not on my Czech win (latin-2)..."

Can you please explain it a bit further? What font editor to use and what changes to do? We are also using Latin-2 here. When I met with this problem, I ended up with generating BMP barcodes with the tool in here in the downloads and importing them every time, and then deleting, and it works, but its a little bit ugly hack I think. I also looked at them with a font editor, but didn't understand much, actually I never really grokked the theory behind this TrueType thingie...
  • AsallaiAsallai Member Posts: 141
    Hi All,

I've read many discussion about this problem, but I'm being confused.
    I have a "3 of 9 Barcode" font, (TTF) but when I create a report in the Nav (40sp3) it is not see this type of font! However I set the 'FontName' to this barcode font name, nothing happens! I'm affraid, the Nav cannot see this type of font. But I've installed this first, under the my Fonts of Windows XP.
    ](*,)
    Can anybody help me why I can't printing this type of font from my Nav? :|

Actually my MS-Word can see it and use it, there is not any problem. But Nav why can't? :-k

Thank you!

Andras