Options

Discrete order qty field in the item card

johnson_alonsojohnson_alonso Member Posts: 690
Dear All experts,
I am currently searching item table and find discrete order qty field with data type is integer. Could you explain what is the use of the field? because I can't find it in the manual or help (pressing F1)

Rgds,
Johnson

Comments

• Options
    Dear All Experts,
    Accoriding to BlackTiger's answer, it's really difficult to understand [-X ,because item's replenishment/planning contains purchase or prod. order. I also checked all tables, CU,Form, Reports relate to planning, but negative. One of the CUs I checked was CU 5431, but goalless, :)
    I think none is aware for this field, even the senior business consultants who have implemented some projects, technical, developer, project manager, let alone sales persons here.

Rgds,
    Johnson

"don't disparage a new comer in your company, he's not as stupid as you.
    The successful consultant is actually the one who has the ability to stop the dependency of customer to him and his company.., then implementing new project in the new company"
  • Options
    ara3nara3n Member Posts: 9,256
    The field is used in a loose term. It is transfered to Stockkeeping unit. The field in Stockkeeping unit is called "Discrete Order Quantity" also.

And that is all it does in the database. :mrgreen:

I ran in developer toolkit. It probably was used in older version of Navision and they have kept it.
    Ahmed Rashed Amini
    Independent Consultant/Developer

blog: https://dynamicsuser.net/nav/b/ara3n
  • Options
    Ara3n wrote:
    The field is used in a loose term. It is transfered to Stockkeeping unit.
    I admit you now. :) . Sorry...but tks.
    If it's transferred to SKU, I try to relate it with safety stock qty field, order modifiers, but it wil give a mistaken understanding and then what will be the function of safety stock quantity field ?!. As I've said I checked all tables and forms and SKU was out of my mind... :mrgreen:
    I didn't think that it will exists there, but because SKU is created from item, so it will exists there but actually it means NOTHING. because, if the field is only available there (in the SKU table).
    And that is all it does in the database.
    :(
    How can they do that ? Don't every fields have the meaning and usage eventhough it was used in the older version..?

Rgds,
    johnson

"The Lord Jesus is my Savior"
  • Options
    LOL. It's just one field, calm down it's not used in anything.
    Ahmed Rashed Amini

• Options
    mark_christsmark_christs Member Posts: 156
    Dear Johnson,
    I assume the discrete order qty field in the item card will be used in the sales and distribution and it will be a static quantity of item. I also find out that there is a person in your country ans also a member of this forum that certified master (4 certifications and 1 master certification. You can send him PM or ask through this forum.

Rgds,
    Mark
  • Options
    Miklos_HollenderMiklos_Hollender Member Posts: 1,598
    I think its explained in the Manufacturing manual but should also work for Purchase/Transfer through Replenishment Journals. For example, when you buy beer, Navision should suggest to order it in quantities divisible by the number of bottles in a beer box. If it's set to 20 and Navision would want to order 50, it will order 60 instead.
  • Options
    The field is not use in anything. I've ran it through developer toolkit. Unless it was customized in country specific version, the field serves no purpose.
    Ahmed Rashed Amini

• Options
    Dear All,

Ara3n wrote:
    The field is not use in anything. I've ran it through developer toolkit. Unless it was customized in country specific version, the field serves no purpose.

Yes, he is right because I also test it and doesn't work. except make a customisation. I have checked all journal, purchase, Transfer order, Sales order,journal tables and CU. but no result.

Rgds,
    Johnson

"JANGANLAH BERBOHONG SEBAB ITU BODOH"