attach report as pdf in email and fill in cust. email addres

aleealee Member Posts: 6
edited 2008-01-08 in Navision Financials
I've searched the forum and found a lot of help in generating Navision report as pdf format, however, what our client would like to see is:
on print of a sales invoice or report, an email screen would bring up with the report automatically attached as an pdf file and populated with the customer email address in the To: field. ](*,)

We could set the specific report printer selection (in the printer setup of the GL menu) to be the pdf printer which would force the Navision report to be saved as pdf format, however, is there a way I could manipulate it further more to automate the email process as explained above?

I would really appreciate any insight on that. Thanks. ]

Comments

• ajhvdbajhvdb Member Posts: 672
    There are a lot of good pdf printers who can do this job. Which one are you using?
  • rohitsolvesrohitsolves Member Posts: 5
    Hi,

It can be done. You need to have flag opendialog to be true in a function newmessage in codeunit mail. I have already developed application which allows multiple reports to be sent in pdf format through email or fax. In case you need help I can provide you.
  • Rob_HansenRob_Hansen Member Posts: 296
    If you're open to considering an add-on to provide this functionality, take a look at http://www.altusbusinesssolutions.com. (This is a plug - I was the primary developer of the product)
  • tonymtonym Member Posts: 11
    I used PDF Creator and the Mail codeunit to automatically generate PDF attachment and email. They work well. PDF Creator is open source, and easy to use.