Polish language translation

bobnavisionbobnavision Member Posts: 159
edited 2010-08-09 in Navision Financials
Hi All,

we have got a client who has Navision in English language. Client is setting up a new office in Poland.

My client say there are 32 characters in polish language.

Question is can we translate Navision 2.0 (existing s/w) they have got from English language to Polish.

Regards,

Comments

• Edward_BloomfieldEdward_Bloomfield Member Posts: 155
    Hello,

Will they be using the same database as the UK office? If so, I would recommend that you look into the availability of a Polish langauage module that could be imported into the database. You would have to (Fully) upgrade the database to a later version that supports such a language module as 2.00 will not. This might sound like hard work, but if it was me I would rather upgrade a database and implement a language module than re-write the whole of a 2.00 system to support Polish. :shock:

The easiest solution though would be to have the Polish office run a separate database using the Polish local version and maybe bring the data in via consolidation. The client would, however, have to purchase a second licence to run it.

Hope this is of some help.
    Edward Bloomfield

Lead Consultant
    Theta
  • kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    Do not forget that NF is not fully multi-language enabled. Some functionality was in 2.60, but still problematic. And in many cases version 2.x was translated including variable names (C/AL code) etc.
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • jleonardojleonardo Member Posts: 1
    Polish is a best language to learn with the best translation which also contains basic Polish phrases and free Polish translation. A Polish language module is the selection of the translations.