ba login

ecclecticecclectic Member Posts: 176
hi all,

i've set the access for a user(login and password) in business analytics enterprise manager- use targit access (as opposed to windows).
i forgot( don't know how it allowed me) to assign role to the user. now when i try to login, says insufficient user rights.

can't change back to windows login.

](*,)
thanks for ur help

Comments

• upasanisandipupasanisandip Member Posts: 405
    Don't u have super login , password.
  • ecclecticecclectic Member Posts: 176
    in navision i am. but i think that the problem is with the login i created in BA
  • kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    Are you able to login into BA Enterprise Manager from domain_admin account?
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • AlcaAlca Member Posts: 11
    You can update table TARGIT_USERS, field USR_LEVEL set 'Developer' in database BA for MBS - Navision (Only for SQL DB)
  • johannajohanna Member Posts: 369
    kine wrote:

Hi Kine,

I have problem about BA login in Enterprise Manager. I have added domain user (with member role : domain admins, domain users, BA administrators) in Enterprise Manager > Security > Access Right with all permissions are allowed (example : new user is X).

The conditions are :
    - When I login to the computer with user X and open Enterprise Manager of BA, I input username and password of user X, but the result is "Login Failure".
    - When I login to the computer with user X and open Enterprise Manager of BA, I input username and password of Administrator, but the result is "Login Failure".
    - But, if I login to the computer using Administrator and open Enterprise Manager of BA, the result is success.

Could you help me to solve this problem? Thanks before :)
    Best regards,

Johanna
  • johannajohanna Member Posts: 369
    johanna wrote:
    kine wrote:

Hi Kine,

I have problem about BA login in Enterprise Manager. I have added domain user (with member role : domain admins, domain users, BA administrators) in Enterprise Manager > Security > Access Right with all permissions are allowed (example : new user is X).

The conditions are :
    - When I login to the computer with user X and open Enterprise Manager of BA, I input username and password of user X, but the result is "Login Failure".
    - When I login to the computer with user X and open Enterprise Manager of BA, I input username and password of Administrator, but the result is "Login Failure".
    - But, if I login to the computer using Administrator and open Enterprise Manager of BA, the result is success.

Could you help me to solve this problem? Thanks before :)

This problem is happen because I am using windows security model (instead of standard security model). When I login to the computer with user X and open Enterprise Manager of BA, login form is appeared and I input the username and password. This login form is used for standard security model (not windows security model), so it result error "Login Failure". I have found the solution of this problem from my friend. The solution is in the enterprise manager I add new server and check the options "Connect using Windows security", then user X can enter Enterprise Manager successfully.. :)
    Best regards,

Johanna