Printing on dot matrix printer

iqbalmadiqbalmad Member Posts: 179
Hi,

Am printing an invoice on papersize 33cmx20.5cm
I managed to change printer properties as mentioned in a forum

1. Click Start, point to Settings, and then click Printers.
2. On the File menu, click Server Properties.
3. In the Print Server Properties dialog box, click the Forms tab.
4. Click to select the Create a New Form check box.
5. Type the name of the custom form in the Form Description box. Under Measurements, specify the form's dimensions and margins.
6. Click Save Form, and then click OK.

The problem that am having now is that for the first page, it is working fine but on subsequent pages it is printing one row below.

Can sm1 help..

thankx

Comments

• SavatageSavatage Member Posts: 7,142
    So I assume you searched the forum for "Dot Matrix".

Many posts, if so you have probably read many stories about how difficult it is to configure sometimes. For the printer type I would suggest you select "Generic" for a speedier output.

When we first got Navision and we had boxes and boxes of preprinted forms and 3 Epson DFX5000+ printers, we also wanted to configure Navision to print on these Dot Matrix Printer. I spent countless hours trying to get it to work but the best I could do was make it printout for 5 pages before the dreaded extra line poped-up an screwed up the rest of the invoice.

I then scraped the printers, got lasers and have been very happy since. Plus regular paper is a lot less than pre-printed custom forms anyday. So in the long run it saved us a ton of $$$.

I wish you luck!
  • andy76andy76 Member Posts: 616
    Hello,

sorry but I don't understand if :
    - file Server Properties in Control Panel windows is for all the printer drivers or only for the one that I need to set.

I should print on an Epson LQ 670 but the pages following at the first one are alll positioned two row before the first one.

I don't have experience with matrix printer so I don't understand if we have to change:
    - some properties on the printer following the Epson Manual
    - some properties on the the Windows printer driver
    - some properties in Navision report

Thank you very much
  • SavatageSavatage Member Posts: 7,142
    I believe the Server properties in this post are aimed at creating a custom sized form. If you see the Forms Tab it says
    FORMS ON: "Your Computer Name" so it's set for your computer. I would then assume that you wold have to create this form on all PC that will be printing to your dox matrix printer.