Starting the ANTserver service in Business Analytics

garthgarth Member Posts: 25
I have run BA from Navision and it seems to have completed successfully, but when I run the Configure BA Advanced, I get the error: unable to start ANTserver service (the log file gives the same error). If I try to start ANTserver manually, I get the error: Could not start the ANTserver on Local Computer: Error 1395: The service being accessed is licenced for a particular number of connections. No more connections can be made on the service at this time because there are already as many connections as the service can accept.

Any ideas?
Thanks,
Garth

Comments

• AlcaAlca Member Posts: 11
    BAUser (who starts ANT Server service) mast have administrator's rights
  • DeSpDeSp Member Posts: 105
    As I know, it could be because of only one connection to a ANTServer for configuring is allowed at a time. Try to reboot your system to disconnect from server and then retry.
    Look in your Business Analytics Enerprise manager - if there is a connected server installed, try to disconnect it first, then run your BA Advanced configuration.

I hope it helps.
    Best regards.
    Nil desperandum
  • garthgarth Member Posts: 25
    Thanks for the replies! I solved the problem by manually configuring the ANTServer. I think it may have something to do with the fact that I am using a demo version of BA.
  • LijncoLijnco Member Posts: 22
    Hello,

We are expierencing the same problems, except we have bought the licence. ANTserver service won't start due to a license problem, i can enter a code or install an XML file an we have neither of them.

We restarted the service, but Business analytics enterprise manager keeps saying: license not found, when i open the localhost drop down (+)
  • garthgarth Member Posts: 25
    Unfortunately, I don't remember how I solved the problem, but I do remember putting the licence file in a lot of different directories before it worked properly.

Don't know if this is relevant, but look at http://www.mibuso.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=11255&hilit=business+analytics for issues I had.
  • LijncoLijnco Member Posts: 22
    New error

After a reinstall of BA basic and advanced, finally the ANT server ran on the database.
    We ran the client in English and updated the XML file and ran Configurator.exe again..
    But when i start the client, the following error occurs..
    "Kan veldstructuur niet lezen".(Can't read field mapping)

Can someone Help me?
  • johannajohanna Member Posts: 369
    Lijnco wrote:
    New error

After a reinstall of BA basic and advanced, finally the ANT server ran on the database.
    We ran the client in English and updated the XML file and ran Configurator.exe again..
    But when i start the client, the following error occurs..
    "Kan veldstructuur niet lezen".(Can't read field mapping)

Can someone Help me?

Hi Lijnco,

I ever had problem like you said (Can't read field mapping) when start the BA client.
    The solution is try to run start configurator again from Navision. Good luck. :)
    Best regards,

Johanna