Options

Ability to Fax Reports

MariselMarisel Member Posts: 2
edited 2002-10-15 in Navision Attain
I have a client who wants to be able to fax purchase orders and sales confirm. instead of sending the reports to the printer. Navision has suggested either RightFax or Zetafax as the faxing software. Has anyone out there developed a solution using RightFax, Zetafax, or other fax software applications, where informatin such as fax # is pulled from the Navision database into the fax application templates? If so, please contact me.

Comments

• Options
    Rick_TweedleRick_Tweedle Member Posts: 8
    I've used Zeta fax before, to use it though, you must purchase the developer license for zeta fax, and all you simply do it attach 3 or 4 variable in a header section of your report (using control characters that zeta fax recongnises).
    We used this to auto fax out customer statements, without printing anything.
    If you dont get the correct zeta fax license, it will just ignore the to from and fax # info.
  • Options
    jtrommelenjtrommelen Member Posts: 8
    Using rightfax gave me a possitive feeling. The only change on the reports is adding a string like: <tofaxnum:faxnumber> and it is send.

Rightfax removes this string from the layout.
  • Options
    BGIBGI Member Posts: 176
    We use Faxmaker from GFIFAX .
    It alows you to send a fax using a mail with a attachment. So you can use saveashtml in navision code to create the report and add is as an attachment to the email message completly in Navision code.

It works fine with us, and there is a version to work with exchange server and a network version, so it can be used with every client.
    Rgds
    Benny Giebens
  • Options
    aUriginalaUriginal Member Posts: 1
    Hi Jan,

How did you actually get RightFax to integrate with Navision?

You stated
    " The only change on the reports is adding a string like: <tofaxnum:faxnumber> and it is send. "

Where is this string placed?

Thanks
  • Options
    dufourdufour Member Posts: 9
    Actually, I use Zetafax, It's easy to use, simply add some line with fax number, ... at the top of the page and some lines at the end of report.

But Zetafax is too cost...

Now I would use GFI Fax Maker.
    Version for Exchange 2000 has same fonctionnality like Zetafax, simple add some line.
    But my version for Exchange 5.5 doesn't have thess functionnality.
    So I save report as html, And you simple do a small text file when you insert the name of html page. And fax server send your fax (html page)
    With that solution, If your customer/vendor has a e-mail address, you can send mail ...
  • Options
    jtrommelenjtrommelen Member Posts: 8
    the string must be place somewhere on the layout.
    be awere: if you print using rightfax right faxremoves this field from the layout. if you print using a normal printer it will be visible