Report Packs

SavatageSavatage Member Posts: 7,142
edited 2006-09-11 in General Chat
I came across this while looking to see if anyone else has the Navision "Canned" report detail book.

as discussed: http://www.mbsonline.org/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=16807

If anyone is interested.....

SQL Server 2005 Report Pack for Microsoft Dynamics Navision 4.0
Download this set of 22 predefined Navision 4.0 reports and a sample database. These sample reports include customer profitability, regional sales, inventory turnover, and budget analysis. With some minor changes, this report pack can also work against an existing Microsoft Dynamics Navision 4.0 environment.

SQL2005RPNAV.MSI - 1,061 KB

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/deta ... laylang=en

Comments

• ara3nara3n Member Posts: 9,255
    Yes I downloaded and made it work with Cronus USA. the rdl have the datasource hardcoded.
     <DataSources>
        <DataSource Name="NavisionRS">
          <DataSourceReference>NavisionRS</DataSourceReference>
          <rd:DataSourceID>acb12026-2795-477a-aac7-82ea061d8159</rd:DataSourceID>
        </DataSource>
      </DataSources>

So you have to create a new datasource and replace the code above with the new one.
    Also all the querie have the company names

<CommandText>SELECT     [CRONUS International Ltd_$Customer].No_ + ' ' + [CRONUS International Ltd_$Customer].Name AS Customer, DATEPART(Year, 
                          [CRONUS International Ltd_$Value Entry].[Posting Date]) AS YEAR, DATEPART(Quarter, [CRONUS International Ltd_$Value Entry].[Posting Date]) 
                          AS QUARTER, DATENAME(Month, [CRONUS International Ltd_$Value Entry].[Posting Date]) AS MONTHNAME, DATEPART(Month, 
                          [CRONUS International Ltd_$Value Entry].[Posting Date]) AS MONTH, SUM([CRONUS International Ltd_$Value Entry].[Sales Amount (Actual)]) 
                          AS [Sales Amount(Actual)], [CRONUS International Ltd_$Customer].City, [CRONUS International Ltd_$Customer].[Country Code], 
                          [CRONUS International Ltd_$Customer].No_
    FROM         [CRONUS International Ltd_$Value Entry] INNER JOIN
                          [CRONUS International Ltd_$Customer] ON 
                          [CRONUS International Ltd_$Value Entry].[Source No_] = [CRONUS International Ltd_$Customer].No_
    WHERE     ([CRONUS International Ltd_$Value Entry].[Item Ledger Entry Type] = 1) AND ([CRONUS International Ltd_$Value Entry].[Expected Cost] <> 1) AND 
                          ([CRONUS International Ltd_$Value Entry].[Invoiced Quantity] <> 0)
    GROUP BY [CRONUS International Ltd_$Customer].No_ + ' ' + [CRONUS International Ltd_$Customer].Name, DATEPART(Year, 
                          [CRONUS International Ltd_$Value Entry].[Posting Date]), DATEPART(Quarter, [CRONUS International Ltd_$Value Entry].[Posting Date]), 
                          DATENAME(Month, [CRONUS International Ltd_$Value Entry].[Posting Date]), DATEPART(Month, 
                          [CRONUS International Ltd_$Value Entry].[Posting Date]), [CRONUS International Ltd_$Customer].City, 
                          [CRONUS International Ltd_$Customer].[Country Code], [CRONUS International Ltd_$Customer].No_
    ORDER BY YEAR, MONTH</CommandText>

So I had to write a search and replace and change them. The report look nice, and I can't wait for 5 to see and learn all the tools of reporting services.
    Ahmed Rashed Amini
    Independent Consultant/Developer

blog: https://dynamicsuser.net/nav/b/ara3n
  • SavatageSavatage Member Posts: 7,142
    You're on a roll this weekend! \:D/
    I've been very busy the last two weeks, so yesterday I had to catchup to mibuso.
    Ahmed Rashed Amini

• Miklos_HollenderMiklos_Hollender Member Posts: 1,598
    Hm... honestly, this Reporting Services is not a lightweight stuff. It has a lot of components, and half a year ago, we had a system engineer install it, it turned out after a day of work that not everything is installed (f.e. Visual Studio), then we installed that, tried to make some reports, and my impressions were mixed. It needs a lot of effort to learn, install and configure it properly. If you have multiple business systems in a large (100+) users organization, and what you really want to do is to build a reporting infrastructure, where you can build reports across multiple data sources, and have users access them from a common web-based repository and so on, then it might be a right tool for the job. However, if you just want a reporting tool that makes those reports easier to build that are hard to build within Navision, then I think Jet Reports still rocks.

I think there are four major categories of reports:

- Lists/documents: still in Navision
    - multi-dimensional analysis: analysing a given kind of transactions across many dimensions: MS SQL Analysis Services (forget BA) into an Excel Pivot Table
    - vertical analysis: the exact opposite of the previous item: one dimension through many transactions. F.e. when we want to do everything about a customer, sales, payments, CRM interactions, contact people, everything: Navision reports or Jet Reports.
    - Calculations. My favourite category. For example building a good Cash Flow report: you estimate your future cash-flow by taking quotes in consideration with a 40% probability factor, orders with a 70%, shipments with a 80%, invoices with a 90% and your current bank and cash accounts with 100%. This is where Jet shines and I think this is the most useful category of all reports, because it does not only give information, but knowledge. As the philosophers talk about transition from an information society to a knowledge society, I think this is how ERP can follow: not only providing informational numbers, but also automatically analysing those numbers.
  • Miklos_HollenderMiklos_Hollender Member Posts: 1,598
    Just for the fun of it: I thought that a group of similar objects in one container is called "package" and "pack" rather used for describing a group of rabid wolves :D So, do these reports bite? :D
    They do once you try to install and make them work. :mrgreen:
    Ahmed Rashed Amini