Options

Vendor posting

alensoalenso Member Posts: 4
edited 2002-09-24 in Navision Attain
Hi,
I have the following problem:
I need when posting an invoice to choose the G/L account to which the vendor is posted (to override the payables G/L account set in the vendor posting group or to override the vendor posting group set in the vendor card) depending on the payment method or some othe setting of the invoice. For example the payables account should be different when I pay cash on delivery and when I make advance payment to the same vendor.
Is it possible to choose the account when creating the invoice (order) or I should develop such functionality?
Thank you in advance,
Alex

Comments

• Options
    BHTBHT Member Posts: 56
    Hi Alex,
    As long as I know, you cannot post to different control account from the same vendor. I think you can develop new functionality to fulfill your need but it won't be easy.
    Maybe you can create 2 kind of vendor for each vendor you have. First is form Cash and the second is for your advance payment. Then you have to create 2 control account in your chart of account representing your type of payment. And finally you create a group for this 2 account using begin total - end total so this 2 account become 1 total account for your report.
    I think this way is the easiest and safeties for your sistem rather then you developed new functionality. And yes the user will have extra task to choose vendor but, that's the price.
    BHT
    Regards,
    BHT