Options

dataport format int

yacineCHERMAKyacineCHERMAK Member Posts: 13
Hello,
I would like to create a dataport to export an order.
I would like to export fields quantity on 7 positions with zero on a left: example:
if the quantity is equal to 5 then 0000005
if the quantity is equal to 350 then 0000350
could you give me the function has to use
Thank you in advance
NOVICE IN NAVISION 4.0

Comments

• Options
    jhoekjhoek Member Posts: 216
    Definitely possible using the standard FORMAT function. Let me try and find the right syntax for you and post it here in a few minutes.
    Kind regards,

Jan Hoek
    Product Developer
    Mprise Products B.V.
  • Options
    amunozsuamunozsu Member Posts: 30
    In the table 288 "Vendor bank account", you have the function PrePadString() it does exactly what you need.

-- Alejandro --
  • Options
    jhoekjhoek Member Posts: 216
    FORMAT(350, 0, '<Integer,7><Filler Character,0>');
    Kind regards,

Jan Hoek
    Product Developer
    Mprise Products B.V.
  • Options
    ashishguptaashishgupta Member Posts: 24
    Hello yacineCHERMAK,
    As u said that you would like to create a dataport to export order. Tell me one thing that what do you mean by exporting order ? do u mean export header and line both. If u r doing this then tell me how r u doing it ? b'coz I have the same requirement. It's urgent.

Thanks & Regards
    Ashish
  • Options
    sggsgg Member Posts: 109
    As Mentioned by Jhoek, put the following Codes in the Format Property of the Quantity DataPort field of your Dataport :

<Integer,7><Filler Character,0>

Note however that if you want to import the Data Exported by using your dataport into Excel, ands you want to maintain the Exported Format, you will have to make sure that you format the Number Accordingly, else, all the Leading Zero's will disappear since the values will be seen as Integer or will be formated using "General" format in Excel.
    Sunday, Godwin G
  • Options
    yacineCHERMAKyacineCHERMAK Member Posts: 13
    thanks for your help
    NOVICE IN NAVISION 4.0