Problem with XML and SOAP - How can I see the XML I send?

PevansPevans Member Posts: 18
I am calling some webservices using SOAP Toolkit 3.0, and my requests reach their destination and I receive my replies correctly.

Everything is fine and dandy - but how can I see the XML that I send out?

Currently I am using:

SoapSerialize.StartEnvelope(...);
SoapSerialize.StartBody(...);
SoapSerialize.WriteXML(...);
SoapSerialize.EndBody(...);
SoapSerialize.EndEnvelope(...);

... and such, and would like to see what all of this looks like in the end as plain text (XML).

Now, I get my reply in the "OutPutStream".

What I would like would be to be able to view my "InPutStream" in the same way that I can with my OutputStream, but my InputStream seems to always be empty.

There must be some way to be able to see what you are actually sending. Anyone know how? :-k

Comments

• wheresjustinwheresjustin Member Posts: 26
    I am also trying to use the SOAP SDK3, but when ever I call SoapHttpConnector.EndMessage() i get a vague error:

An exception was raised in method EndMessage. The OLE control or Automation server has returned error (HRESULT) -2147352567. The component did not provide the exception description.

I suspect that the SoapHttpConnector.Connect() call is failing, but the error does not reveal itselft until I try to send the request down the connection.

Any revelations are welcome!
  • ajhvdbajhvdb Member Posts: 672
    Can't you use a simple network sniffer? this way you can check what is send out and in.
  • RallnusRallnus Member Posts: 79
    Has anyone found a solution for error message -2147352567. I've got the same problem.
    Rallnus (Yamaha FJ1200 - '89 / 25th anniversary was great!)
  • gjgarciasmgjgarciasm Member Posts: 47
    Hi,

I also have the same HRESULT -2147352567 error calling the EndMessage method.

Can anybody tell me anything about this?

Thank you.
  • PhennoPhenno Member Posts: 630
    gjgarciasm wrote:
    Hi,

I also have the same HRESULT -2147352567 error calling the EndMessage method.

Can anybody tell me anything about this?

Thank you.

DISP_E_EXCEPTION 0x80020009 -2147352567

usually means that you made an error, for example, call EndMessage with inappropriate input or something like that.

check that you followed all rules while creating http connection and xml in bitween.

btw. you may found (unofficial) HRESULTS Error list here:
    http://news.speeple.com/msdn.com/2007/0 ... -codes.htm

not too helpfull but can be usefull in some situations.

for example, on this list you will find appropriate HEX code for that error (list is made in format: Name, Hex, Decimal) and then google for hex code results which are usual as an error code for standard program languages.
    Google gave me this:
    http://discuss.develop.com/archives/wa. ... ap&P=10547
    Error Type:
    Client (0x80020009)
    WSDLReader:Loading of the WSDL file failed HRESULT=0x80070057 -
    WSDLReader:XML Parser failed at linenumber 0, lineposition 0, reason is:
    System error: -2146697208. HRESULT=0x1
    /SOAP/Default.asp, line 4