Deposits

NakeNake Member Posts: 13
Can anyone tell me how the deposits work in Navision USA? Where can i manage the receiving checks from customers? And is there a possibility to print out the deposit summary,needed fot the bank? Through the Cash Receipt Journal we can manage everything, but how can we indicate that the payment is done by check.

Comments

• ara3nara3n Member Posts: 9,256
    The deposits in Navision are implemented with a new table called deposit header. The lines are Gen. journal lines. On header you specify the bank for this you are depositing and the total amount, and at the lines you specify the amount for each customer. and you post it.
    Ahmed Rashed Amini
    Independent Consultant/Developer

blog: https://dynamicsuser.net/nav/b/ara3n
  • leewhite1234leewhite1234 Member Posts: 45
    Table 289(?) is payment methods and is used on the customer card. You could use this information for selection and add a new field to the journal.
  • themavethemave Member Posts: 1,058
    the deposit report 10403 has all the info you need

deposits work pretty much the same way as the cash receipts journal, slight differences are you enter the amount as a positive number, since the deposit is smart enought to know when posted to credit the customer
    you apply the entries the same as the cash receipt journal.
  • KosmosKosmos Member Posts: 58
    Hey everyone,
    For me it is also confusing that when I do deposits and than preview them I see negative amount in preview and than when I post them they turn into positive.
    If anyone know why is that? Is it a bug?
    Thank you in advance
    Anna