Tuning Navision for better performance

wheresjustinwheresjustin Member Posts: 26
Hi all,

As most of you would be aware there is a document “Tuning Navision for better performance” , Revision 5 - May 21 2004, written by Patrice.

There is a section for "Known Issues in 3.70" which lists several known issues that related to the mismatch of table locking orders for various processes that can result in deadlocks.

For example:
- Table locking orders do not match between the sales/purchase posing processes and the customer/vendor application posting processes.
- Deadlocks may happen when sales/purchase documents and (payment) applications are posted simultaneously from different clients.

Have these issues been resolved in V4?

Cheers,
Justin

Comments

• WaldoWaldo Member Posts: 3,412
    There are many approvements in the finsql.exe . Better performance plus less deadlocking (at least that's what I heard from M$). Tablelocking is the same as far as I know. In NAV4.0SP1 there are new functions (FINDSET and stuff) which reduces the problem, but it is not implemented in the standard application of Navision.

Note: The business critical parts in the standard application will be revised in version 5.0, which will "drastically" reduce tablelockings.

Eric Wauters
    MVP - Microsoft Dynamics NAV
    My blog
  • slmaluwaslmaluwa Member Posts: 364
    Hi all,

As most of you would be aware there is a document “Tuning Navision for better performance” , Revision 5 - May 21 2004, written by Patrice.

There is a section for "Known Issues in 3.70" which lists several known issues that related to the mismatch of table locking orders for various processes that can result in deadlocks.

For example:
    - Table locking orders do not match between the sales/purchase posing processes and the customer/vendor application posting processes.
    - Deadlocks may happen when sales/purchase documents and (payment) applications are posted simultaneously from different clients.

Have these issues been resolved in V4?

Cheers,
    Justin

IS there any updated documents in this regard? We are looking for ways to improve performance on our current installation with native DB and 40GB db size
    "A bove maiore discit arare minor"-"From the old ox, the young one learns to plow."