Options

Upgrading Navi 3.56A to Attain

stampestampe Member Posts: 48
edited 2002-08-01 in Navision Attain
Is it possible to upgrade Navision 3.56A direct to Attain 3.10 (DK) or is it nessesary to upgrade to financials 2.xx first ?.

Regards

Peter

Comments

• Options
    Luc_VanDyckLuc_VanDyck Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 3,633
    I think you can restore the Navision 3.56 backup into a Attain database. That way, you have all your data available in Attain (in new tables). Now you can copy/move that data to the standard Attain tables.

Any modifications to the objects you'll have to do manually. There is a huge difference in functionality between the 2 systems, so you'll probably have to leave out some mods that are now part of the standard Navision ERP.
    No support using PM or e-mail - Please use this forum. BC TechDays 2024: 13 & 14 June 2024, Antwerp (Belgium)
  • Options
    Luc_VanDyckLuc_VanDyck Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 3,633
    On the Attain 3.01 CD, there is a directory "Conv" with routines to convert your Navision 3.x database. That directory doesn't exist on the Attain 3.10 CD.
    No support using PM or e-mail - Please use this forum. BC TechDays 2024: 13 & 14 June 2024, Antwerp (Belgium)
  • Options
    lstroemlstroem Member Posts: 18
    In my opinion, the best "conversion" from Navision Classic (3.xx) to Attain is to convert only base tables (Customer, Vendor, Items etc.) and then start anew with opening entries in G/L, Open Customer entries, Items etc.
    Lars Strøm Valsted
    Head of Project & Analysis, Navision Competence Center
    Columbus IT Partner
  • Options
    Hi Luc and Lars

Thanks for your help

By the way does anyone know where to pick up an xref database (a very usefull tool when you are converting navi classic)

regards

Peter
  • Options
    Thanks for your help

In Navision Financials there is some codeunits which convert 3.56 data to navision financials
    I was thinking that maybee there where similar codeunits to convert 356 data to attain

regards

Peter